This Extra Easy Apple Pie Monkey Bread is so delicious. Made with refrigerator biscuits , apple pie filling, cinnamon brown sugar sauce and a vanilla glaze.
This Extra Easy Apple Pie Monkey Bread is great whether you are making a big Sunday Brunch and want it on the buffet or to a quick grab and go breakfast. Also great with your afternoon coffee when you want something sweet.
I love recipes that allow you to take short cuts ha ha. If you go to pillsbury.com/recipes/ingredient/biscuits you will find a lot of great ideas . You can follow their recipes or change them up a little ,like I did and make them your own. There are also some great ideas staring with crescent rolls or cookie dough.
Additional Recipes that are Great For Breakfast :
What is Monkey Bread ?
A soft, sweet, sticky pastry served in the United States for breakfast or as a treat. It consists of pieces of soft baked dough sprinkled with cinnamon. It is often served at fairs and festivals.[3-].wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_bread
How to Store the Bread :
The bread will keep well for several days in an air tight container at room temperature. It can be frozen in freezer bags or airtight containers. To reheat bread - microwave or reheat in oven covered or wrapped in foil.
How to Make Extra Easy Apple Pie Monkey Bread:
- Refrigerator Biscuits
- White Sugar
- Apple Pie Filling
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Extract
Gather Ingredients for the Monkey Bread .
Start by cutting biscuits into quarters.
Next toss biscuits in cinnamon sugar mixture. Coating well.
Stack half of your Biscuits in greased (sprayed with food release) Bunt pan.
Now add ½ of the apple pie filling and half of the pecans (optional) Repeat a second layer.
Cover with caramel sauce and bake in oven pre-heated to 350 for 40-50 minutes or until biscuits aren't doughy in the center.
When monkey bread comes out of the oven let it cool for a couple minutes and then invert pan onto plate or tray.(and pray it comes out of pan in one piece ha ha) Well still warm ,drizzle vanilla glaze over bread. Serve Warm .
Try these Awesome Easy Recipes :
Other Great Desserts to Try :
- The Best Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Easy Homemade Blackberry Cobbler
- Sugar Cookie Cherry Pie Bars
- How to Make A Classic Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Dinners To Try :
Apple Pie Monkey Bread
- Bunt Pan
- 2 Cans Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1 Can (20 oz) Apple Pie Filling
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- 3 tsps Cinnamon
- ¾ Cups Pecan Halves or chopped Optional
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Melted Butter
- ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven 350°
- Spray bundt pan with nonstick spray or lightly grease.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.-Set aside
- Separate dough into biscuits and cut into quarters. Toss dough pieces in a bowl to coat and place half in prepared pan.
- Spoon half of the apple pie filling over biscuits, sprinkle half the pecans over biscuits
- Place remaining biscuits on top, spread remaining apple pie filling and pecans
- Add Brown sugar and melted butter together in a bowl -pour the sauce over Biscuits
- Bake until golden brown-let set for 5 minutes - invert on to plate or platter
- In a small bowl whisk Powdered Sugar, Heavy Cream and Vanilla Extract
- Drizzle Over Bread