These Instant Pot Barbeque Chicken Thighs start in the instant pot and finish up under the broiler. They come out juicy and fabulous
Making Instant Pot Barbeque Chicken Thighs is a 35 minute or less dinner that you can throw together. They are great on weeknights when you have worked all-day or just don't feel like taking a long time fixing dinner.
Our house is definitely a mostly chicken home. Leading me to share mostly chicken recipes CrockPot Creamy Mushroom Chicken Buffalo Chicken Tenders. I love a good steak but the hubby rarely veers far from chicken. We always ate mostly boneless skinless breasts because we thought that was the healthiest. It seemed no matter how I prepared the breasts they always seemed to get dried out.
Well, we recently started buying bone-in skin-on thighs and wow! Thighs have so much more flavor. Putting them in the instant pot makes them even moister. That's what I really love about the instant pot, everything comes out so moist and delicious. Even those breasts that were so dried out, come out of the instant pot so much moister. If looking for instant pot meals I also have my Tender Barbecue Pork Ribs Instant Pot /Grill recipe. I will be adding more in the future but in the meantime, head over to https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/recipes-you-can-make-in-your-instant-pot/ they have some great quick meals for the pressure cooker /instant pot.
How to Make Instant Pot Barbeque Chicken Thighs :
Ingredients Needed :
- Chicken Thighs (I use bone in skin on )
- Barbeque sauce ( store bought or your favorite home made)
- Chicken Broth
- Olive Oil
- Optional Add Ins
- Liquid Smoke
- Apple Cider vinegar
Instant Pot Barbeque Chicken Thighs
- Pressure Cooker
- 6-8 2.5 3 lbs chicken thighs or drumsticks bone-in, skin on
- 1 bottle favorite barbeque sauce I made sugar free - recipe coming soon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth water can be substituted
- 2-3 drops liquid smoke optional
- 1 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1 tsp onion powder optional
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar optional
- 1. Put 1 cup chicken broth and 3 drops liquid smoke (optional) place steamer basket or trivet in the steamer.
- 2. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper layer chicken in the basket. Close the lid pressure cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes, Natural Release 10 minutes
- 3. Spice up your store-bought barbeque sauce (if you choose) add garlic powder, onion powder, and apple cider vinegar
- 4. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet, generously apply your barbeque sauce
- 5. Place chicken under the broiler on high for 5-10 minutes until chicken is browned and carmelized
- 6. Serve and enjoy