Easy Sweet Potato Casserole should be a staple on every Thanksgiving table. This easy recipe is made with canned yams, mini marshmallows, pecans, and brown sugar. If your family loves sticky sweet potatoes they are going to love these.
Is Sweet Potato Casserole a mandatory side dish on your Thanksgiving Dinner Table? It definitely is at mine. Along with The Best Slow Cooker Red Mashed Potatoes, Extra Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, and Caramel Apple Fluff Salad.
Absolutely, using fresh yams you would need to adjust the cooking time or boil them ahead of time if you want to mash them as in this recipe.
Sure, use the nuts of your choice, or you could leave them out of the recipe.
If making ahead of time, open potatoes and mash them, put them in a baking dish, and add the marshmallows and toppings. Cover with saran wrap or foil and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How To Make Easy Sweet Potato Casserole :
- 1 large can of canned yams drained
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsps maple sugar
- 3 tbsps of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
Ingredients for Easy Sweet Potato Recipe
Sweet Potatoes ready to mash.
Next, add brown sugar, syrup butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Stirring well to incorporate.
Spread the sweet potato mixture into an even layer in the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle with pecans and top with marshmallows. Bake for 20 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted.
Finally, Remove pan from oven allow to sit for 5-10 minutes and serve while warm.
Great Dessert Recipes :
- Classic Homemade Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Cake
- Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie Recipe(The New One)
- Extra Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Potato Masher
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Dish
- 1 can (29 oz) Yams
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the inside of an 8x8-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Place yams into a large mixing bowl and mash.
- Add brown sugar, syrup butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Stir well,
- Spread the sweet potato mixture into an even layer in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans and top with marshmallows.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted golden brown. Allow to set 5-10 minutes and serve well warm.
This looks so good, I'm going to make this for thanksgiving. thanks