Homemade Apple Pie Filling is quick and easy to make . It is so much better than the canned stuff and only takes a few ingredients and about 30 minutes to make.
This pie filling was so easy to make and it came out so good . So much better than the canned stuff. All you need is apples, sugar , cinnamon , nutmeg and a couple other staples. It can be ready to go in about 30 minutes, or you can make it ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready until to use them.
Apple season has been great , did you try my Easy Caramel Apple Pie Cookies or my Apple Pie Monkey Bread ? Both were so good. I can not wait to make a homemade apple pie with this filling. Please continue to follow me to find out how it turns out.
I decided to make up a few batches of this filling to freeze and keep on hand. It will for sure come in handy over the holidays Im sure. It is so much easier to go to the freezer than it is to run to the grocery store.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Lemon Juice
Pie Filling Ingredients
Cinnamon Water and Cornstarch
The next time I make Cinnamon Apple Turnovers I will definitely use this homemade filling .
Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- 4 cups Apples peeled , cored, sliced or diced
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- Place apple slices in bowl, toss in the lemon juice to prevent browning
- In a saucepan, whisk together cornstarch and water until blended.
- Add cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg. Whisk until blended.
- Add Apples to mixture in pan
- Cook on medium low until apples are soft -5-8 minutes
- Allow to cool - use as needed or refrigerate or freeze for later