These Easy Shredded Chicken Double Decker Tacos are perfect when you cant decide if you want a hard or soft taco. Easy to make when you use rotisserie chicken and canned refried beans. A quick throw together dinner for Taco Tuesday or any night.
Mexican food is hands down my favorite thing to eat and favorite thing to cook. These Tacos are no exception. The perfect week night meal. I used canned beans this time but had I planned ahead Restaurant Style Refried Beans (Instant Pot) would have been perfect. I also will add my favorite rice next timeEasy Cilantro Lime Rice (Instant Pot).
A double decker taco is simply a combination of a soft tortilla wrapped around a hard shell taco.
I used shredded Chicken this time , however ground beef , steak or even ground turkey or chicken would work great. For the soft shell I used canned refried beans.
Ingredients Needed For Double Decker Tacos:
- Shredded Chicken ( I used rotisserie)
- Refried Beans
- Taco Seasoning - I used packaged -however if you want homemade here is a great recipe cincyshopper.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Shredded Cheese Blend -or cheese of choice
Optional Garnishes :
- Easy Spicy Hot Salsa
- The Best Fresh Spicy Mango Salsa
- The Best Copy Cat Chipotle Guacamole
- Copy Cat Chipotle Tomatillo Green-Chili Salsa
Don't Forget The Drinks:
How to Make Easy Shredded Chicken Double Decker Tacos :
Gather your ingredients for making the tacos. I used left over rotisserie chicken I had. However, you can cook chicken breasts in the instantpot or preferred method of cooking and shredding.
Throw chicken into a skillet and season with taco seasoning, add a little water to mix in well. Heat until hot.
Heat refried beans and spread on warmed soft tortilla . ( If beans are too stiff , add a small amount of milk well heating.) Wrap soft tortilla around hard tortilla
Build your hard taco with toppings you choose . I choose to layer chicken, sour cream, shredded lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and taco sauce or salsa. How do you build yours?
Tacos are Ready to serve . Enjoy them with your favorite side dishes and beverages.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy :
Easy Shredded Chicken Double Decker Tacos
- Cutting Board , Knife
- 2 lbs. Shredded Chicken
- 1 can (16 oz.) Refried Beans
- 1 Pkg. Taco Seasoning or seasoning of choice
- 8 Soft Taco Tortilla 6 0r 7 inch tortillas work best
- 8 Hard Shell Taco Shells
- 2 cups Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese I used Mexican Blend
- Salsa optional
- Sour Cream optional
- Guacamole optional
- Shred Chicken heat in skillet with taco seasoning
- Heat Beans in microwave or on top of stove
- Heat tortillas and taco shells either in microwave or oven
- Prepare Veggies
- Get Cheese and any garnishes ready
- With a spatula spread hot beans on warm soft tortilla , wrap around hard shell taco
- Build taco
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
Oh my this looks like a fabulous meal!! I found you on The Full Plate Thursday party.
Thank you so much for stopping by