Easy Cilantro Lime Rice is an excellent side dish for celebrating Cinco De Mayo. It is also great with any other meal as well, This rice was made in the instant pot. Making it is easy to throw everything in one pot.
Cilantro Lime Rice
This rice will go great with Easy Beef Enchiladas or Easy Sheet Pan Fajitas. However, don't forget the Restaurant Style Refried Beans (Instant Pot) and The Best Skinny Jalapeno Margarita to drink. Pretty much whatever you pick for a Mexican feast, it is gonna be awesome.
Anyone that follows me on a regular basis knows that Mexican food is my absolute favorite. When I lived in San Diego Cinco De Mayo was a huge deal. All the restaurants out there have calendars counting down to Cinco de mayo.
This rice is also great with Copy Cat Chipotle Tomatillo Green-Chili Salsa or your hot salsa of choice. I used an instant pot but if you don't have one, a pot on the stove will work. However, I suggest you get an instant pot they definitely make life easier. Im pretty sure you will love it. So let me share
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice (Instant Pot):
- White Rice or Rice of choice
- Chicken Broth
- Vegetable oil
- In your Instant Pot (I use food release but it is optional) add rice, limes, chicken broth , cilantro, salt, vegetable oil
- Close and seal lid
- Set Instant Pot on Rice Setting
- Allow Natural Release
- Open, Fluff, Serve
Starting the Rice
Cooking the Rice
Ready to Serve
Other Recipes You May Enjoy :
Cilantro Lime Rice (Instant Pot)
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice or rice of choice
- 2 cups Chicken Broth water can be used
- 1 Lime
- 4 tablespoon Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- In your Instant Pot (I use food release but it is optional) add rice, limes, chicken broth , cilantro, salt, vegetable oil-stir well ( cut and squeeze the lime and then throw the lime in the pot with rice)
- Close and seal lid Set Instant Pot on Rice Setting
- Allow Natural ReleaseOpen, Fluff, Serve
If you are looking for additional authentic Mexican recipes, head over to yellowblissroad.com she has some great recipes.