This Easy Spicy Hot Salsa is so easy to make. Made with canned tomatoes and fresh jalapenos. With minced garlic, lime juice, chopped onion, and a few spices, you are good to go. Where are the chips?
Easy Spicy Hot Salsa
I had been looking for a good recipe for hot salsa for a long time.I think I finally found one.When I first started the blog I shared a copy cat recipe for chipolte’s salsa Verde Copy Cat Chipotle Tomatillo Green-Chili Salsa. also Copy Cat Nacho Bell Grande is great. Now I am going to have a great hot salsa to go with my Mexican menu. It is so easy to make with canned tomatoes and fresh jalapenos.
I personally like my salsa really hot, therefore I added a small can of diced tomatoes with habanero peppers. They are optional. The salsa is still quite spicy with just the fresh jalapeno peppers with the seeds.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Whole Canned Tomatoes in their Juices
- Diced Tomatoes with Habanero Peppers
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Jalapenos
- Kosher Salt
- Lime Juice
How to Make Salsa :
- Open cans of tomatoes and dump in food processor or blender
- Dice Jalapeno
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and pulse a few times
- Refrigerate at least an 1 hour -serve with your favorite chip
Storing Salsa- Salsa will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. In the freezer for up to 3 months.
Other Recipes You May Like –
Easy Spicy Hot Salsa
- Food Processor
- Knife,Cutting Board
- 1 28 oz Can Whole Tomatoes with Juice
- 1 10 oz can Diced Tomatoes with Habaneros (Rotel) Optional)
- 1 Large White Onion Diced
- 2 Whole Jalapenos Diced - with or with out seeds depending on preference
- 1/4 cup Cilantro I use dehydrated
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Open Cans of Tomatoes and Pour in Food Processor
- Dice Onion and Jalapenos and Cilantro if using fresh -add to tomatoes
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor or blender and pulse a couple times, blend until pureed -scraping sides if necessary. Pour into storage container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.