This Quick and Easy Homemade Italian Meat Sauce is full of ground beef and fresh vegetables. It is a red tomato based sauce with ground beef , onions , green peppers, mushrooms and plenty of spices . Its perfect for your favorite pasta.
Italian food is some of my favorites . This recipe is very similar to the spaghetti sauce that my mother made my whole life. If you like tomato base dishes I also have recipes for Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore, Easy Instant Pot Spicy Chili and my Classic Easy Stove Top Minestrone Soupon my blog. Be sure to check them out.
How Long Does Quick and Easy Homemade Italian Meat Sauce Take to Make ?
This sauce is fantastic after 30 or 40 minutes. However, the longer it simmers ,the thicker and more flavorful it gets .
Variations Of Easy Homemade Meat Sauce :
Feel free to add or substitute ground sausage , ground turkey or ground chicken in place of the ground beef.
What Sides Should I Serve with Pasta and Meat Sauce ?
How Do I Serve The Meat Sauce ?
It is perfect for any of your favorite pastas- spaghetti or penne pasta are my favorites. Do you have a favorite?
How to Make Quick and Easy Homemade Italian Meat Sauce :
Ingredients Needed :
- Ground Beef
- Green Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Italian Seasoning
- Bay Leaf
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Black pepper
Other Recipes You May Like :
Quick and Easy Homemade Italian Meat Sauce
- Dutch Oven, Cutting Board, Knife
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 White or Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Green Pepper Diced
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 can Mushrooms Optional Fresh
- 3 cans (14 oz.) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (7 oz.) Tomato Paste
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Cayenne Red Pepper
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Crumble ground beef into Dutch Oven or pan, brown over medium heat (5-7 minutes)
- When ground beef is brown add onions, green peppers and garlic , saut'e until veggies soften
- Add Sauces and whisk in paste , pour in drained mushrooms
- Next add all of the spices and stir well
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes stirring frequently. Serve on desired pasta
Do you follow me on Pinterest? pinterest.com/WeDishItUp/
Have you left your email to join my mailing list ? Would love to notify you when I add new recipes.