This lasagna with meat sauce and ricotta recipe is amazing. A classic Italian-style dish with layers of meat sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella. You won't leave the table hungry, I'm sure of that.
Italian food is right up there with Mexican food. They both are my favorites. Often if I have a craving for lasagna I'm short on the time needed for preparing. Therefore, I usually throw The Best Lasagna Soup Recipe in the slow cooker. Slow Cooker Easy Ravioli Lasagna is also a good shortcut. This time, however, I was determined to make a full pan of baked classic Lasagna with Meat Sauce. This recipe is made with lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Easy Homemade Italian Meat Sauce (Bolognese) was used for the sauce.
FAQ and Tips for Lasagna With Meat Sauce :
Yes, but they don't need to be cooked all the way. Cook them enough to make them pliable. ( 3 or 4 minutes)
Yes, my mother always used cottage cheese in her lasagna. My mother-in-law used
sliced hard-boiled eggs instead of ricotta. It wasn't my favorite but some people like it.
Covered well it will keep 3-4 days in a refrigerator. If you want to freeze for later, put it in an airtight container. It should keep for 3-4 months frozen.
How To Make Lasagna With Meat Sauce And Ricotta :
- Meat Sauce
- Lasagna Noodles
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
What to Serve with Lasagna :
- Easy To Make Antipasto Salad
- How to Make a Classic Wedge SaladCaramel Apple Granny Cheesecake Bars
- So Easy Cheesy Jalapeno Garlic Pull Apart Bread Recipe
- The Best Cherry Poke Cake
- Easy No-Bake Fresh Peach and Brown Sugar Pie
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy :
Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Baking Pan
- Saucepan or Dutch Oven
- 4 cups Meat Sauce Easy Homemade Italian Meat Sauce (Bolognese) Quick and Easy Homemade (wedishitup.com)
- 16 cooked Lasagna Noodles cooked al dante
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese slices can be substituted
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- Make meat sauce or used store bought
- Cook lasagna noodles to al dante or until just pliable
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- In a 9x13 inch pan spread 1 cup of meat sauce on the bottom of the pan
- Next place 4 cooked noodles across the bottom of the baking dish, ladle more meat sauce on top of the noodles. Dollop 12 scoops of ricotta equally on the noodles and sauce. Next, sprinkle ⅓ of the mozzarella across the lasagna.
- Repeat 2 more layers. Top layer put noodles, sauce, mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle the parmesan on top. Cover lasagna with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered. Remove foil and cook for another 30 minutes until lasagna is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let it set for 15 minutes. Cut and serve.
Leave a Reply