This Classic Wedge Salad is made with all the basic ingredients that you would get in a restaurant or steak house. Including iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, bacon bits, and bleu cheese crumbles.
How to Make a Classic Wedge Salad
This Wedge Salad would go great with Tender Barbecue Pork Ribs Instant Pot /Grill or Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf. I often order a wedge salad when we go out to eat. However, I'm not a fan of bleu cheese so I usually ask for ranch instead.
What is a Classic Wedge Salad?https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wedge_salad
Iceberg lettuce is by far my favorite, I know they say that it has the least amount of nutrients. Romaine or leaf lettuce is better for you but not my favorites. I try to eat spring mix or spinach but to be honest, I have a hard time trying to make myself like it. I love a wedge but I really dont like blue cheese either lol. If I leave the blue cheese crumbles off and sub ranch dressing - yum. Most Steak houses they make the wedge salad huge. Joe and I can usually split one if we are eating a steak. We normally split a baked potato or mac and cheese also. With Joe doing keto now - the carby sides are out of there. A side of mushrooms or broccoli will always work though.
How to Make the Classic Wedge Salad:
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Green Onions
- Bacon Bits
- Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- Bleu Cheese Dressing (or dressing of choice)
- Wash and dry vegetables
- Chop Lettuce into Wedges
- Put Wedge on Plate
- Cook , cool and crumble bacon
- Set tomatoes around the wedge
- Sprinkle bleu cheese crumbles, bacon, and green onions on the wedge
- Serve with Bleu Cheese dressing or dressing of choice
Wedge Salad Ingredients
Chopping The Salad
Looking For Dessert Ideas?
The Easiest Peach Cobbler You Will Ever Bake
Raspberry Poke Cake With Pudding
How to Make The Classic Wedge Salad
- Cutting Board , Knives
- 1 Head Iceberg Lettuce Cut into ¼'s
- 15-20 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 6-8 Slices Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- 4-6 Green Onions Chopped
- ½ Cup Bleu Cheese Crubles
- 1 Cup Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Gather Ingredients for Wedge Salad
- Cut head of lettuce into 4 wedges and put on plates
- Divide tomatoes ,bacon crumbles, bleu cheese crumbles and green onions between 4 wedges
- Drizzle dressing over Salad or serve on the side
I really love a classic wedge salad, it sure looks good! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,476.