This Classic Wedge Salad is made with all the basic ingredients that you would get in a restaurant or steak house. Including iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, bacon bits, and bleu cheese crumbles.
How to Make a Classic Wedge Salad
This Wedge Salad would go great with Tender Barbecue Pork Ribs Instant Pot /Grill or Amazing Stuffed Meatloaf. I often order a wedge salad when we go out to eat. However, I’m not a fan of bleu cheese so I usually ask for ranch instead.
What is a Classic Wedge Salad?https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wedge_salad
Iceberg lettuce is by far my favorite, I know they say that it has the least amount of nutrients. Romaine or leaf lettuce is better for you but not my favorites. I try to eat spring mix or spinach but to be honest, I have a hard time trying to make myself like it. I love a wedge but I really dont like blue cheese either lol. If I leave the blue cheese crumbles off and sub ranch dressing – yum. Most Steak houses they make the wedge salad huge. Joe and I can usually split one if we are eating a steak. We normally split a baked potato or mac and cheese also. With Joe doing keto now – the carby sides are out of there. A side of mushrooms or broccoli will always work though.
How to Make the Classic Wedge Salad:
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Green Onions
- Bacon Bits
- Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- Bleu Cheese Dressing (or dressing of choice)
- Wash and dry vegetables
- Chop Lettuce into Wedges
- Put Wedge on Plate
- Cook , cool and crumble bacon
- Set tomatoes around the wedge
- Sprinkle bleu cheese crumbles, bacon, and green onions on the wedge
- Serve with Bleu Cheese dressing or dressing of choice
Wedge Salad Ingredients
Chopping The Salad
Looking For Dessert Ideas?
How to Make The Classic Wedge Salad
- Cutting Board , Knives
- 1 Head Iceberg Lerruce Cut into 1/4's
- 15-20 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 6-8 Slices Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- 4-6 Green Onions Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Bleu Cheese Crubles
- 1 Cup Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Cut Lettuce into 1/4's put Wedges on Plates
- Divide tomatoes ,bacon crumbles, bleu cheese crumbles and green onions between 4 wedges
- Drizzle dressing over Salad or serve on the side