This post may contain affiliate links please see -DISCLOSURE POLICY
This Classic Easy Stove Top Minestrone Soup is so yummy. Your family will love all the veggies, pasta and tomato broth.
I absolutely love eating and making soups in the winter. This one was easy to make with fresh veggies, rosemary , pasta , ( I used low carb) and a tomato base broth. Some of the other great ones I have been making this winter are The Best Cheesy Potato Soup, The Best Lasagna Soup Recipe and White Chicken Chili With Black Beans. All are awesome and the recipes can be found on my blog .
What is Minestrone ?
Minestrone is a thick Italian vegetable soup. It normally contains vegetables, pasta , herbs and sometimes beans.
How to Store Classic Minestrone :
If keeping leftover soup, it can be stored in an airtight container under refrigeration for 3-4 days. It also can be frozen for 3-6 months. For reheating , do so on stove or in microwave.
How to Make Classic Easy Stove Top Minestrone Soup :
Ingredients Needed :
Pasta ( I used low carb)
Other Recipes You May Be Interested In :
Classic Easy Stove Top Minestrone Soup
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- 2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 cup Carrots Diced
- ½ cup Celery Diced
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 14 oz. can Tomato Sauce
- 1 7 oz. can Tomato Paste
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Pasta I used low carb elbows
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese Garnish
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven , add olive oil sauté onion, garlic, celery, carrots for 5-10 minutes until soft and fragrant
- Add Liquid ingredients - Broth , tomato sauce , tomato paste , stirring well
- Next stir in all of the spices and zucchini bring to boil(
- Turn down to low and let simmer10-15 minutes
- Add pasta last 8-10 minutes or cook pasta on side and add when served
- When hot and zucchini is tender - Remove bay leaves and rosemary - serve in bowls - garnish with parmesan cheese
As an amazon associate a small commission is made on qualifying purchases