This Easy Homemade Pie Crust is buttery and a little bit sweet. So easy to make it will have you forgetting about those store bought , pre-made crusts.
Easy Homemade Pie Crust
In the past most of my pies have been made with pre made pie crust No-Bake Pumpkin Cream Pie or No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie both are great . However I have been trying to learn to make a few more things from scratch . This home made pie crust is made with all butter verses many that are made from vegetable shortening.
I still got a lot to learn , but I have been playing a lot with pastries and cakes. Baking is something that definitely takes practice.
How to Make Easy Homemade Pie Crust :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Ice Water
My inspiration for this crust was found athttps://www.crazyforcrust.com/ however , I switched it up a little to make it my own.
MAKING The CRUST :
All Ingredients in the Food Processor
Crumbly Dough After Mixing Before Kneading
Mounding the Dough
Dough Discs Wrapped in Saran Wrap Going in Refrigerator
Rolling Out The Dough
Tips For Making A Good Crust:
- Use Very Cold Butter
- Add Ice Water a Little at a Time
- Cover the crust outer edge with foil or cover second half of baking to avoid baking
Easy Homemade Pie Crust
- Food Processor
- Rolling Pin
- 2.5 cups All-Purpose Flour Plus more for rolling
- 1 cup Unsalted Very Cold Butter Cut in Cubes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 8-10 tbsp Ice Water
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt: Put flour, sugar, and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse 2-3 times to mix
- Add butter, half at a time, pulsing several times after each addition: Add about half of the butter to the food processor and pulse several times. Then add the rest of the butter and pulse 6 to 8 times
- Slowly add ice water and pulse until dough barely holds together, don,t add too much water
- Empty dough onto flat surface - gather into a mound and divide into 2 mounds
- Use your hands and knead each mound just enough to form each one into a disk. Do not over-knead! . You should just knead enough so that the dough holds together without cracks
- Sprinkle each disc with a little flour, wrap each one in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least one hour
- Remove the disc from refrigerator and let sit for 5-10 minutes
- Roll out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface to a 11inch circle; about ⅛ of an inch thick. If sticky ,sprinkle with a little more flour
- Fit into 10 inch pie pan or cut down to a 9 inch
- Crimp edges around pie pan
- Prick holes in crust bottom and sides with fork to keep from bubbling.
- Bake empty pie crust in glass pie pan at 450° for 10-15 minutes or if filled - according to pie recipe