This is the best lasagna soup recipe I have found by far. It will kill that craving for a plate of lasagna without taking hours of work making it.
Lasagna is probably one of my all-time favorite meals. However, I rarely make it. Not only is it very time-consuming to make, but it is also so fattening and it lasts for days because I always make a huge pan. So I had heard of Lasagna soup but I never dreamed it could taste anything close to the real thing. I was wrong. With ground beef, tomato sauce broth, and multiple kinds of cheese This Lasagna Soup Recipe is a pretty close substitute.
I made this soup in my Instant Pot which I absolutely love. Have you tried any of the other Instant Pot recipes that I have shared? Some of my favorites are Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup, Instant Pot Salisbury Steak, and Easy Instant Pot Spicy Chili.
How to Make The Best Lasagna Soup :
Ingredients Needed :
- Ground Beef
- Green Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Diced Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Bay leaf
- Lasagna Noodles
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Ricotta Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
In place of ground beef- some great substitutes are - ground sausage, ground turkey or ground chicken.
Instead of ricotta cheese- Cottage cheese can be used.
In place of parmesan cheese - Romano cheese is a great substitute .
The Ingredients needed to make lasagna soup.
Brown Ground Beef, onions, green peppers, and garlic on sauté in your Instant Pot. Remove Meat Mixture and set aside. Add Chicken Broth deglaze the bottom of the pot, add tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and all spices stir well. Break noodles and put in sauce mixture. Close and seal lid. Set manual timer for 4 minutes (allowing 10-15 minutes for pressure to build) . Quick release
When the soup is done cooking stir in ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese and top with parmesan and optional parsley.
Lasagna Ready to Serve
The Best Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Pressure Cooker
- 1.5 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ med Yellow or White Onion diced
- ½ Green Pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 can (14 oz.) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (7 oz.) Tomato Paste
- 1 can (14 oz.) Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Bay Leaf optional
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 8-10 Lasagna Noodles Broken
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1 6 oz. container Ricotta Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- Brown Ground Beef ,onions, green peppers and garlic on sauté in your Instant Pot. Remove Meat Mixture and set a side . Add Chicken Broth deglaze bottom of the pot , add tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and all spices stir well. Break noodles and put in sauce mixture . Close and and seal lid. Set manual timer for 4 minutes (allowing 10-15 minutes for pressure to build) . Quick release around 5 minutes -carefully open lid
- Stir well- stir in ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese
- Add in the noodles
- Ladle into dishes and garnish with parmesan cheese and optional parsley