Easy Cherry Poke Cake !!
Who doesn’t love a poke cake? Cherry has to be one of my favorites. They are so easy to make and you usually can throw them together with stuff you have on hand. Often I just make them with a cake mix, jello and put whip cream on top.
When I made this Cherry Poke Cake, I added the cherry pie filling on top to make it a little more appealing and it is so good. Poke cakes can also be made very simple with just cake, pudding and whip topping. All poke cakes are a hit in my house they are usually gone in a day. Cherry Poke Cake is a favorite to have if I am having a cup of coffee after dinner. Ok I’ll admit it, if there is any left the next morning, have also been known to eat it for breakfast with my morning coffee.
A poke cake is always a great dessert for a party or if you need to take a dish to pass for a potluck. Poke Cakes are simple to make and they look great. Making a poke cake takes very little baking talent. Which makes it perfect for an amateur like me.
Ingredients needed to make Cherry Poke Cake
You will need a regular boxed cake mix of choice (I used french vanilla) a package (3 oz) cherry gelatin (I used sugar-free), canned pie filling, cherry or your choice. cool whip or whipped cream if you choose. Give it a try and let me know if you altered the recipe to make it your own or kept it as is. Was it a hit?
- 1 box White cake mix or flavor of choice
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin I used sugar free
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 8 oz tub whip topping I use cool whip
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling or filling of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions , using a greased 13 x 9 baking pan , bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool cake on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes . Poke holes in cake with fork or wooden skewer . I normally use the end of a skinny handled wooden spoon. Gradually pour gelatin over the cake. Cool for 15 minutes -cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Open pie filling and `cover top of cake.-cut cake and serve with whip topping or whip cream.
If poke cakes aren’t your favorite and you are looking for another option for dessert, try