This is the Best Cherry Poke Cake I have ever eaten. It is absolutely delicious Start With a boxed cake mix, some Jell-O, Cherry pie filling and of course topped with cool whip.
When I made this Cherry Poke Cake, I added the cherry pie filling on top to make it a little more appealing and it is so good. However, poke cakes can also be made very simple. With just cake, pudding and whip topping. All poke cakes are a hit in my house they are usually gone in a day. Cherry Poke Cake is a favorite to have if I am having a cup of coffee after dinner. I'll admit it, if there is any left the next morning, have also been known to eat it for breakfast with my morning coffee
How to Store the Cake :
This cake will keep for several days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
A poke cake is always a great dessert for a party or if you need to take a dish to pass for a potluck. Poke Cakes are simple to make and they look great. Making a poke cake takes very little baking talent. Which makes it perfect for an amateur like me.
How to make Cherry Poke Cake
You will need a regular boxed cake mix of choice (I used french vanilla) a package (3 oz) cherry gelatin (I used sugar-free), canned pie filling, cherry or your choice. cool whip or whipped cream if you choose. Give it a try you will love it.
Other Recipes You May Like :
Easy Cherry Poke Cake
- 1 box White cake mix or flavor of choice
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin I used sugar free
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 8 oz tub whip topping I use cool whip
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling or filling of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions , using a greased 13 x 9 baking pan , bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool cake on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes . Poke holes in cake with fork or wooden skewer . I normally use the end of a skinny handled wooden spoon. Gradually pour gelatin over the cake. Cool for 15 minutes -cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Open pie filling and `cover top of cake.-cut cake and serve with whip topping or whip cream.
In addition try-