Mississippi Crockpot Chicken is the ultimate comfort food. Chicken breasts slowly cooked in the crockpot for hours. Ranch seasoning, chicken gravy seasoning, and pepperoncini's. make it a little spicy and oh so delicious.
Mississippi Crockpot Chicken
This chicken dish is very similar to the INSTANT POT MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST that I shared in the past. Obvious differences are that its chicken instead of beef, also cooked in a slow cooker instead of the instant pot. Both are fantastic dinners and are even better if you finish them off with The Best Key Lime Pie or Easy Homemade Blackberry Cobbler.
Mississippi Chicken is chicken breast, ranch seasoning, chicken gravy seasoning, butter, and pepperoncini's. All cooked in the slow cooker until nice and tender. Yum, we served it over rice and it was great. However, if you are doing a low carb diet it is good just on your plate as is. Add a veggie or a salad on the side its perfect.
How to Make Mississippi Crockpot Chicken :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Chicken Breasts
- Ranch Seasoning
- Chicken Gravy Packet
- Chicken Broth
- Pepperoncinis Juice
- Spray Crockpot with food release or use a liner for an easy cleanup
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker
- Sprinkle gravy mix and ranch dressing mix on top of the chicken.
- Add Salt and Pepper
- Chop butter into chunks and add to the pot
- Next Pepperocinis
- Chicken Broth
This chicken is also great shredded and put on a bun for sandwiches or tacos. It stores great in the refrigerator for 3-5 days in an airtight container. Keeps in the freezer for 3-6 months. My favorite method is in zip lock freezer bags. Perfect to just pull out and reheat anytime.
Mississippi Crock Pot Chicken
- Crockpot, Slow Cooker
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1 packet Chicken Gravy Mix
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Butter
- 5-6 Pepperoncini Peppers
- ½ cup Pepperoncini juice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Spray Crockpot with Food Release or use a liner for easy clean up
- Add chicken breasts to pot
- Sprinkle both packets (ranch and gravy) on to chicken
- Add Salt and Pepper Chop butter into chunks and add to the pot
- Next Pepperoncinis , the pepper juice and chicken broth
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours
- Serve over rice, mash potatoes or on plate
Follow me on Pinterest @https://www.pinterest.com/WeDishItUp/
This post may contain affiliate links -a small commission will be made on any qualifying purchases