The Best Key Lime Pie is very quick and easy to make. It is so yummy with a tart creamy filling. A Premade Pecan Crust made it no-bake. With limes, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, vanilla yogurt, and confectionary sugar. You will think you are in heaven.
The Best Key Lime Pie
No-bake pies are the best. did you try my No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie or Mile High Strawberry Jello Pie? They are both fantastic. For many years I worked in restaurants serving Key Lime Pie. However, I don't think I ever tried it. Not sure why. For some reason, I thought I wouldn't like it. Boy was I wrong. It is so good with a cross between sweet and tart. The sweetened condensed milk and the powdered sugar give it the sweet and the lime makes it tart.
So gotta say al the recipes that I looked at said you have to use key limes or key lime juice. Well since I have no idea what a key lime is -regular fresh limes definitely made a delicious pie. Now like I said, this is the first time I ever tried this pie, therefore I had nothing to compare it to.
My recipe was inspired by the recipe I found on the insert of my diamond pecan premade crust. You can find it and other great recipes athttps://www.diamondnuts.com/product/nut-pie-crusts/. We made a few adjustments to make it our own.
How to Make the Best Key Lime Pie :
- Pecan Pie Crust
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Confectionary Sugar
- Fresh Limes
- Lime Zest
- Whip Cream Or Ready Whip
- In a large mixing bowl combine sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, yogurt, lime juice
- Fold In Confectionary Sugar
- Pour into Pie Shell
- Garnish with zest, lime slices, and whipped cream
In The Shell
Ready to Serve
The Best Key Lime Pie
- Electric Mixer
- 1 Diamond of California® Ready to Use Pecan Pie Crust
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup Confectionary Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Lime Juice
- Zest of 1 Lime Optional
- 2-3 Limes Sliced for Garnish Optional
- Whipped Cream or Ready Whip
- In a large bowl, mix condensed milk, sour cream, yogurt and lime juice.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed until thick and smooth
- Fold in powdered sugar
- Spoon mixture into Diamond of California® Ready to Use Pecan Pie Crust.
- Top with lime zest.
- Garnish with Whipped Cream and Sliced Limes
- Refrigerate for 2-3 Hrs and Serve
Follow me on Pinterest @ https://www.pinterest.com/WeDishItUp/
On Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/wedishitup