This Traditional Old Fashioned Cocktail is a simple drink that packs a punch. It starts with a Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey, bitters, sugar cubes, and an orange wedge, and is served on the rocks.
Normally Im a Skinny Blackberry Margarita or Refreshing Tequila Sunrise kinda girl if Im gonna have a drink. However, my husband and his brothers drink Old Fashioneds sometimes so I thoughts Id give them a try. I must say they are quite good. With the Kentucky Derby coming up this weekend I decided to invite a few people over and serve these Traditional Old Fashioned Cocktails. I am also going to try making Mint Juleps . They are Popular at the derby as well . Ive gathered a few recipes I havent decided on definte yet but this one looks greathttps://www.thespruceeats.com/classic-mint-julep-recipe-759323
The old fashioned is a cocktail made by muddling sugar with bitters and water, adding whiskey (typically rye or bourbon), and garnishing with orange slice
In short rocks or old-fashioned glass.
Anything sweet, smoky, or slightly spicy will go well with whisky.
Appetizers to Serve at Your Gatherings :
- Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- Awesome Air Fryer Honey Barbeque BBQ Chicken Wings
- All-Star Buffalo Chicken Wings
- The Best Skillet Hot Corn Dip
- Easy Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
How to Make A Traditional Old Fashoned Cocktail:
- Sugar Cubes
- Orange Wedge or Orange Peel
Gather ingredients needed for Traditional Old Fashioned Cocktail.
First put sugar cube in an old fashioned or rocks glass. Add bitters on top of sugar.
With a muddler, crush the sugar cube and bitters
Now, after adding ice to the glass pour the Kentucky Bourbon into the glass.
Stir the drink
Garnish with an orange wedge and optional cherry. You are ready to serve.
A Few More Great Recipes :
Traditional Old Fashioned Cocktail
- 1 Muddler
- 1 Stirring Utensil
- 1 Old Fashioned Glass
- 2 oz Bourbon Whiskey
- 6 drops Bitters
- 1 cube Sugar simple syrup can be used as an alternative
- 1 wedge Orange
- In a rock or old fashioned glass, place a sugar cube in the bottom
- Shake the bitters over the cube so it soaks it up.
- Now use the muller to crush the sugar cube
- Add ice to the glass.
- Pour Bourbon into the glass, stir
- Squeeze the orange wedge into the drink, rub on the rim and toss it into the glass.
- Garnish with an optional cherry and serve.