This skillet hot corn dip is a great appetizer or side dish for your BBQ or party. Made with corn, cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese and spices. Served with tortilla chips. corn chips or crackers. Your guests will love it.
Appetizers are usually a big hit at pot lucks or parties. People want things they can grab an snack on in a hurry. I make a lot of different appetizers and share them often. My most popular example is probably The Best Copycat Taco Bell Nacho Bell Grande. Another great one is Easy Pepperoni Pizza Dip. If you are looking for dessert type snacks -EASY CHERRY CHEESECAKE DIP is fantastic and always a huge hit.
Yes , I used left over corn on the cob, however canned or frozen corn can be used.
Yes I liked making it in the cast iron skillet in order to get the crispier cooked texture, however it will come out fine in an oven or slow cooker.
Sure, Skillet Hot Corn Dip will keep a couple days in the refrigerator so it could be made ahead and reheated.
Tortilla chips, corn chips or crackers are all great options for dipping.
How to Make Skillet Hot Corn Dip :
Ingredients Needed :
- Corn - (Fresh, frozen or canned)
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chili Powder
- Green Onions
- Cheddar Cheese (Jack Cheese is also a good option )
- Chips or Crackers for dipping
Gather all ingredients to make corn dip.
Brown corn and fresh jalapenos and garlic in butter - using cast iron skillet .
Spices added into the corn .
Next Stir in the cream cheese and sour cream.
Garnish with cheese and green onions . Corn Dip is now ready to serve.
The inspiration for my corn dip came from https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood however , I definitely made several changes.
If you are looking for other great recipes to try :
The Best Skillet Hot Corn Dip
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- 3 cups Canned Mexican Corn Fresh or Frozen
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 8oz. block Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Fresh Jalapenos
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Melt butter on medium high heat in skillet
- Add corn, jalapenos and garlic , saute for a couple minutes
- Next add seasonings stir well
- Chop cream cheese into small blocks add to pan reduce heat stirring until cream cheese begins to melt.
- Stir in sour cream mix well
- Simmer until hot and bubbly
- Top with cheddar cheese and green onions
- Serve with chips or crackers.