Chicken Pot Pie is the ultimate comfort food. This version is made on top of the stove (and oven) in your cast iron skillet. It has shredded or cubed chicken, veggies, gravy and biscuits. Does it get any better than that?
Although I love my crockpot , Instant Pot and Air Fryer . Sometimes, I just want to do things the old fashion way and cook in a skillet on the stove. I have shared a couple other skillet dinners Easy One Pan Chicken Fajita Pasta and Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch and Cheddar Stove Top. I also shared my Easy Slow-Cooker Chicken Pot Pie (Crockpot)which is delicious . However if you don't have hours to wait, this is a great quicker version.
This cast iron skillet version of Chicken Pot Pie is great for those weeknights when you are in a hurry to get dinner on the table .Although its started on top of the stove, it is put in the oven for the last 20 minutes to cook the biscuits. If you used pre-cooked chicken such as rotisserie and canned biscuits , this dinner can be ready in 40 or 50 minutes.
Questions and Helpful Hints :
You could used crescent rolls or premade pie crusts and shape them into biscuits.
If you have none of those things , homemade biscuits are always an option. Here's a great recipe. https://kristineskitchenblog.com/biscuit-recipe/
Of course you could cook a couple breasts or thighs or some of each.
A wedge salad is a great option . Go here to learn how to make one. How to Make a Classic Wedge Salad.
If you have any pot pie left over, put it an airtight container. It will keep 3-4 days if refrigerated.
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Cast Iron Skillet :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Poultry Seasoning
Desserts to Serve with Chicken Pot Pie :
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfait
- Classic Homemade Apple Pie
- Easy Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies (5 Ingredients)
A Few Other Great Recipes :
Chicken Pot Pie Cast Iron Skillet
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 cups Chicken shredded or cubed
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1.5 cups Milk
- ½ cup Chopped Carrots
- ½ cup Chopped Celery
- 3-4 Potatoes diced
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- Rosemary or Thyme Sprigs
- 1 can Biscuits
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400°
- In cast iron skillet on top of the stove over medium high heat melt butter
- Stir in flour, whisk in milk, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken
- Add chicken, celery, carrots, potatoes and spices stir well bring to boil, reduce heat
- Drop biscuits into gravy
- Put skillet in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and not doughy