This Pulled Pork BBQ cooks all day in the Crockpot or slow cooker. With plenty of spices and simmered with coke . Add your favorite BBQ sauce and top with some spicy coleslaw.
These Pulled Pork BBQ sandwiches are fantastic. Topped with The Best Spicy Coleslaw makes them even better. They will definitely be on the menu for my fourth of July get together. I'm sure we will also have The Best Potato Salad With Mustard and Egg and possibly Mexican Street Corn (Elote). They are some of my favorite side dishes.
I used Pork Butt, Pork Shoulder is also a good cut for making pulled pork.
Yes it can be made a head of time and kept warm in crockpot . It could also be prepared the day before and reheated. If I am doing that , I like to wait and add BBQ sauce when ready to serve.
Yes I keep shredded pork in my freezer often. Reheat as needed.
How to Make Pulled Pork BBQ in the Crockpot :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Pork Butt or Shoulder
- Pork Rub (homemade or I used my favorite found at Meat Church
- BBQ Sauce
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy :
Pulled Pork BBQ in the Crockpot
- Crockpot, Slow Cooker
- 1 3-5 Lbs. Pork Butt or Pork Shoulder
- ¼ cup (or to taste) Rub Seasoning I used Meat Church BBQ Rub
- 1 Onion Sliced
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce of Choice
- 1 can or bottle Coke
- Slice Onion and lay in bottom of slow cooker
- Rub rub or spices and slat and pepper on roast
- Sear roast on all sides in frying pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil ( this skip can be skipped but gives meat more flavor)
- Place roast in crockpot on top of onions
- Pour coke over roast and cover
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours
- When done pull roast out and with 2 fork shred pork
- Add BBQ sauce -mix well
- Serve on your favorite bun with or without coleslaw
My Favorite Meat Rubs are foundmeatchurch.com/collections/bbq-rub