These Bumble Bee Hive Cake Balls were so fun to make. They were perfect for my daughter in laws Pooh themed baby shower. They would also be great for a birthday party or just an afternoon snack.
These bee hive cake balls were so fun and easy. They started with a cake mix, a can of store bought icing and candy melts. Candy melts can be tricky but they are fun, I've shared several recipes using them. How to Make Red ,White and Blue, Chocolate Covered Oreos, At Home Easy Red White and Blue Chocolate Strawberries and Easy White Chocolate Spring Unicorn Bark are just a few examples.
I froze them and took them out a half hour before serving and they were perfect.
Chocolate chips or Bark can be used , however vegetable oil maybe needed to keep it from hardening too quickly.
No they don't, in fact they keep best at room temperature
Basically one has a stick in it. I chose not to make them into pops. You can basically them any shape you'd like.
How to Make Bumble Bee Hive Cake Balls :
- Yellow Cake Mix and Ingredients needed to make it (Or flavor of choice)
- 1 can of store bought white icing
- 1 Bag Yellow Candy Melts
- Wilton Bumble Bees wilton.com/bumble-bee-royal-icing-decorations-18-count/710-2916.html?
Easy Bumble Bee Hive Cake Balls
- mixer, oven, baking pans
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix Or flavor of choice
- ingredients to make cake oil, eggs, water
- 1 can (16 oz.) White Icing
- 1 bag Yellow Candy Melts
- 1 pkg. Wilton Bees
- Bake Cake as directed on box
- Cool cake completely and crumble cake
- Stir in 1 cup of the frosting if too dry add more frosting 1tbsp. at a time until dough consistency
- Using a small cookie scoop , scoop batter into balls and onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Chill at least 1 hour
- Melt candy melts in microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth
- Put cake balls on fork and dip into melted candy
- Place on parchment paper and attach bees well still wet
- Repeat until all batter is used
- Chill in refrigerator or on counter until ready to serve.