The Best Spicy Coleslaw is the perfect picnic side dish. Made with cabbage, carrots, red onion , jalapeno , cilantro and a zesty dressing with lime juice. You are sure to be a hit if you bring this to a pot luck.
This Spicy Coleslaw is fabulous to eat just as a side dish at your BBQ or picnic. However , it also is great for Easy Fish Tacos With Spicy Slaw or on top of the pulled pork sandwiches I will be sharing soon.
You absolutely can chop fresh cabbage and carrots VS using pre-shredded slaw mix.
I would say you could mix the slaw and the dressing separately , up to 24 hours before serving. However I would wait until last hour to mix dressing in . Keep it fresh tasting
It will keep 2-3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. May need to be stirred or add a little more mayo or sour cream to freshen up.
If you are not a fan of spicy dishes , try Extra Creamy Coleslaw with Bacon, it is fantastic.
How to Make The Best Spicy Coleslaw :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Slaw Mix ( Cabbage and carrots)
- Red Onion
- Fresh Jalapeno
- Minced Garlic
- Lime Juice
- Sour Cream
- Black Pepper
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy :
How Bout Some Great Desserts ?
- No-Bake Lemon Lush /Lasagna Extra Easy
- No Bake Strawberry Pie Baby
- Easy To Make Watermelon Kool-Aid Pie
The Best Spicy Coleslaw
- Food Processor
- 1 Bag (14 oz.) Coleslaw Mix
- ½ Red Onion Diced
- 2 Fresh Jalapenos Diced ( if you like spicy leave in seeds)
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped Fine
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- In a food processor combine mayo, sour cream, red onion, jalapenos (diced) lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and paprika-pulse until well blended
- Pour into a mixing bowl and fold slaw mix into dressing
- Garnish with additional paprika and parsley if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.