The Best Spicy Coleslaw is the perfect picnic side dish. Made with cabbage, carrots, red onion , jalapeno , cilantro and a zesty dressing with lime juice. You are sure to be a hit if you bring this to a pot luck.
This Spicy Coleslaw is fabulous to eat just as a side dish at your BBQ or picnic. However , it also is great for Easy Fish Tacos With Spicy Slaw or on top of the pulled pork sandwiches I will be sharing soon.
You absolutely can chop fresh cabbage and carrots VS using pre-shredded slaw mix.
I would say you could mix the slaw and the dressing separately , up to 24 hours before serving. However I would wait until last hour to mix dressing in . Keep it fresh tasting
It will keep 2-3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. May need to be stirred or add a little more mayo or sour cream to freshen up.
If you are not a fan of spicy dishes , try Extra Creamy Coleslaw with Bacon, it is fantastic.
How to Make The Best Spicy Coleslaw :
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Slaw Mix ( Cabbage and carrots)
- Red Onion
- Fresh Jalapeno
- Minced Garlic
- Lime Juice
- Sour Cream
- Black Pepper
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy :
How Bout Some Great Desserts ?
- No-Bake Lemon Lush /Lasagna Extra Easy
- No Bake Strawberry Pie Baby
- Easy To Make Watermelon Kool-Aid Pie
The Best Spicy Coleslaw
- Food Processor
- 1 Bag (14 oz.) Coleslaw Mix
- ½ Red Onion Diced
- 2 Fresh Jalapenos Diced ( if you like spicy leave in seeds)
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped Fine
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- In a food processor combine mayo, sour cream, red onion, jalapenos (diced) lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and paprika-pulse until well blended
- Pour into a mixing bowl and fold slaw mix into dressing
- Garnish with additional paprika and parsley if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
[…] Pulled Pork BBQ sandwiches are fantastic. Topped with The Best Spicy Coleslaw makes them even better. They will definitely be on the menu for my fourth of July get together. I'm […]