These Simple Irish Soda Bread Rolls are so good. They require no yeast , however, the baking soda and buttermilk work as a rising agent . They fluff up and get crusty on the outside and soft in the middle.
These rolls are so good. They are Simple Irish Soda Bread Rolls , traditionally served with Irish meals. The Best Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage Dinner or Easy Shepherd's Pie would be even better with these awesome rolls and a side of delicious Irish Butter. However, truth be told , I think these rolls go great with any meal. So whether at St. Patrick's Day, Easter Dinner or at lunch with a bowl of Classic Easy Stove Top Minestrone Soup ,you will love them.
What Is Simple Irish Soda Bread ?
This bread is traditionally a little bit hard or crusty on the outside and soft and a little bit sweet inside. It is made with flour , eggs, baking soda , salt and buttermilk and requires no milk. It is normally just a round chunky loaf. I made a basic white bread recipe , however split it into 8ths and made rolls.
Can I add Flavorings To Simple Irish Soda Bread?
You absolutely could add raisins or nuts or maybe some cinnamon. I did see wheat flour versions of the recipe when I was looking as well.
What Desserts Go Well With These Irish Meals?
Other Great Recipes You May Like :
How To Make Simple Irish Soda Bread Rolls :
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Room Temperature Butter
- Melted Butter
- Butter Milk
This Recipe was adapted from Jen at cincyshopper.com/ recipe.
Simple Irish Soda Bread Rolls
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Softened Butter
- ¼ cup Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375°
- Grease or Spray Baking Sheet
- Mix dry ingredients together in bowl-flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, baking powder
- Add ½ cup of soft butter , 1 cup of the butter milk and the egg mix well
- Flour work surface
- Turn dough out on floured surface and kneed a few times
- Cut into 8 balls of dough shaping with hands put on baking sheet
- Whisk together ¼ cup melted butter and ¼ cup buttermilk -brush on rolls
- Brush rolls with mixture and bake for 20 -25 minutes - brush again half way through