Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage Dinner is so easy to make. Ham, cabbage, potatoes, celery, and carrots are all cooked with butter and chicken broth. You are going to love it. Boiled Dinner.
Both of my parents were excellent cooks and great at making big pots of things that went a long way. I have shared a few -Easy Shepherds Pie, although she didn't make it in an instant pot, INSTANT POT CHILI is basically her recipe. Of course, I bragged on her Mom's Classic Macaroni Salad With Egg. Ham and cabbage usually came after having ham on Christmas or Easter. However, it is also a great St. Patricks Day Dish
Making Ham and Cabbage Dinner is pretty easy whether you put it in an instant pot pressure cooker as I did, or throw it all in a stockpot on the stove. As easy as it is to make and as much as I love it, I haven't served it much to my husband and kids. Seems none of them are fans of cooked cabbage. Yum, I love it with extra butter on the potatoes and some apple cider vinegar for a little bite .- Delicious in my opinion.
Absolutely not, I'm sure it would be great with any that you choose. However, personally, I think the more fat the better.
Sure it is also great with pork chops or if you are like my daughter, and don't eat pork, a turkey breast would be great.
Ham and Cabbage will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. In an airtight freezer container for 3-4 months.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage Dinner:
- Chicken Broth
How To Make The Ham and Cabbage Dinner:
- Cut up Ham, Cabbage, Potatoes, Celery, Carrots,
- Put all in the Instant Pot
- Cover with Chicken Broth
- Cut up the butter and put on top of meat and vegetables- salt and pepper and any other seasonings you like -to taste
- Close Lid
- Pressure Cook
- Natural Release
What should I serve with the Dinner?-This time I served Pillsbury Refrigerator Biscuits https://www.pillsbury.com/. My mother just always served bread and butter with every meal. A salad would also go great on the side. If you are looking for a great dessert, how bout No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie or Cinnamon Apple Turnovers? Suddenly I am hungry just thinking about it.
This dinner is fantastic, whether you use the convenience of the Instant Pot (which I absolutely love) or cook it in a stockpot on top of the stove. It definitely is great cooked all day in a slow cooker/crockpot also. Whichever way you chose, stop back by and let me know how it came out. Did you make any changes or adjustments? Thanks in advance.
Other Great Recipes To Try :
Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage Dinner
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 lbs Ham Cut up in chunks
- 1 Head Cabbage Cut-In Chunks
- 4-5 Carrots Cut Up
- 6-8 Potatoes I used red skin on
- 4-5 Sticks Celery Cut Up
- 2-3 Cups Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup Butter Cut up
- ½ teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper or to taste
- Apple Cider Vinegar Optional sprinkled on top
- Cut your ham, cabbage , potatoes, celery, and carrots into chunks or your preferred method
- Put all cut up ingredients into the instant pot
- Add 2-3 cups of chicken broth
- Cut up a stick of butter and put in with ingredients(If your ham has a lot of fat , butter is not necessary, I like the extra flavor)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Close and seal lid
- Set to manual high pressure for 15 minutes
- Do a natural release for 15-20 minutes
- Release any remaining pressure- remove lid and serve