These Easy to Make Hand Held Cherry Pies are delicious. They are simply thrown together with store bought pie crust, canned pie filling and a simple glaze. Easy but scrumptious.
What is a Hand Held Pie ?
A hand held pie is just as it sounds . A mini version of a large pie. I did 2 different versions. You can cut out 2 circles of dough and crimp together with filling inside. Option 2 is to fold over with filling inside and crimp closed.
How to Store Pies :
Pies will keep great in air tight container for several days on counter. They also freeze well for several months .
Can I use Home Made Crust ?
You for sure could use a homemade and if need a recipe for one , here's a great one. Easy Homemade Pie Crust. You could also make filling from fresh fruit if you prefer. If you want to make apple pies I have a recipe for Easy Homemade Apple Pie Filling. I put a glaze on the pies and put powdered sugar on some of them.
How to Make Easy to Make Hand Held Cherry Pies:
Ingredients Needed :
- Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Egg White
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Cream or Milk
Other Great Recipes I Have Shared
Easy to Make Hand Held Cherry Pies
- Rolling Pin
- 1 Box Refrigerator Pie Crust 2 -Count
- 1 21 oz. Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Egg White
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Cream or Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre-Heat Oven 375°
- Take Refrigerated Pie Crusts Out to Become Room Temperature
- Roll pie crusts out on parchment paper or floured work area
- I used a 4 inch round cookie cutter and cut 4 or 5 circles out of each crust. I then balled up all scraps and rerolled
- I then scooped a small amount of cherries (less than a tsp.)into center of half the circles
- Take the other half of the crust circles and place them over the cherry filling
- Close the edges of the 2 crusts , crimp edges with a fork
- Brush a light coat of egg white wash on pies - it will help seal edges and also help brown
- Cut small slit in top of pie -bake 15-18 minutes
- (alternatively you can cut crust circles larger and put filling in center and fold over and seal.
- Add powdered sugar, cream or milk and vanilla extract , mix until desired consistency ,adding more milk if needed. It should be thin, brush or drizzle glaze onto warm pies .
- Optional sprinkle powdered sugar on some or all pies