Lucky Cupcakes With Irish Cream Frosting are a fun little dessert for St. Patricks Day. They are yellow cupcakes frosted with Irish cream Frosting and have fun gold and green sprinkles. You will be the hit of the party with these.
We make cupcakes a lot around here. They are fairly easy, especially if you use a cake mix. The kids always love helping with cupcakes. They loved making the Easy Snowman Cupcakes and also the Easy Back To School Cupcakes were fun.
Making these Cupcakes With Irish Cream Frosting was especially fun because they are so glittery. We used a yellow boxed cake mix, made buttercream frosting, subbing International Delight Irish Cream coffee creamer for the whole whipping cream that I normally use. It gave it just a hint of the Irish cream taste.
These glittery cupcakes are sure to bring the luck of the Irish to any St.Patricks Day get together you might be having. Although my heritage is not Irish, I grew up in a very Irish catholic prominent area. Isn't everyone Irish on St. Patty's Day. Some of my lifetime friends last names were Murphy and OBrien, does it get any more Irish than that? To them - St. Pattys day is the most important holiday. It is bigger than Christmas to them.
How To Make Lucky Cupcakes With Irish Cream Frosting:
- Boxed Cake Mix -(I used Betty Crocker Butter Cake)
- Butter (Softened at Room Temperature)
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- International Delight Coffee Creamer
- Green and Gold Sprinkles
- Gold Chocolate Coins
- Pre-Heat Oven
- Make Cupcakes According to Instructions on Box- Cool
- Beat Butter on Low /Med Speed with Hand or Stand Mixer
- Slowly Begin To Add Powdered Sugar ½ Cup At a Time
- As Frosting Starts To Get Thick-Add Creamer And Vanilla -Mix On Medium /High For 3-4 Minutes Until Desired Consistency
- Fill Pastry Bag and Pipe Onto Cupcakes (I used a star tip)
- Add Sprinkles and Coin and Serve
Ingredients for Cupcakes
Mixing the Frosting
Ready To Eat
Lucky Cupcakes With Irish Cream Frosting
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 1 Box Cake Mix I used Betty Crocker Butter Cake
- 3 Eggs Or as Directed on Box
- ⅓ Cup Oil Or as Directed on Box
- 1 Cup Water Or as Directed on Box
Butter Cream Irish Cream Frosting
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 3 ½ Cups Confectioners (Powdered Sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup International Delight Coffee Creamer
- Make Cupcakes as Directed on Box and Cool
- In a Mixing Bowl With a Hand Mixer Or In a Stand Mixer - Beat Butter on Low Until Smooth (2-3 Minutes)
- Slowly Add Powdered Sugar ½ Cup At a Time - Mix on Medium High
- After Approximately 1 Cup Of Sugar Has Been added -Add Creamer and Vanilla
- Mix on Medium-High for 3-4 Minutes Until Desired Consistency -Adding more Sugar or Creamer as Needed
- Fill Pastry Bag With Frosting and Pipe Onto Cupcakes
- Add Sprinkles and Gold Chocolate Coin
- Serve and Have a Lucky Day
If you are looking for other St. Patricks Day Recipes, Check Out Cincyshoppers Shamrock Shake -Yum https://cincyshopper.com/copycat-shamrock-milkshake/?
As an Amazon Associate, I receive a small commission for any qualifying purchases
We will really enjoy your Lucky Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting, it is great! Hope you are having a really good week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!