This Corned Beef and Cabbage is the perfect Dinner for your St. Patty's Day Celebration. On St. Patricks Day, everyone is Irish after all.
I will admit this is the first year that I made Corned Beef. I normally make The Best Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage Dinner. However, I decided to give corned beef a try this year. Personally found it to be equally as good. This recipe was made in the Crockpot, slow cooker. Cooking it slow on low all day. The corned beef came out nice and tender.
Corned Beef is a salt cured brisket . Sometimes sugar and spices are added.
So as it turns out, Corned Beef originated in England not Ireland. However it has become an American-Irish Tradition.
Most include cabbage,also potatoes and carrots go well .
I use Red Potatoes as I love them with skin on . However Yukon Gold are also a great choice.
This will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container .
How to Make Corned Beef and Cabbage :
- Corned Beef
- Red Potatoes
- Beef Broth
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
Gather ingredients for Corned Beef and Cabbage
Lay sliced onions on the bottom of the slow-cooker.
Corn Beef on top of onions. Sprinkle seasoning packet on the meat.
Add potatoes and carrots to the crockpot.
Ready to eat Corned Beef and Cabbage.
Other Slow Cooker Recipes to Try :
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches ( Easy Crockpot Recipe)
- The Best Crockpot Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- Slow Cooker Clam Chowder New England
Corn Beef and Cabbage
- Slow Cooker
- 2-4 lb. Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 White or Yellow Onion
- 6=8 Red Potatoes
- 3-4 Carrots or 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- ½ head Cabbage
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Slice onion and lay on the bottom of the slow-cooker.
- Next, add the corned beef and sprinkle the seasoning that comes in the package over the meat.
- Now add the potatoes and carrots to the crockpot. Add garlic, pepper, and any other spices you would like to add.
- Pour the beef broth in and cover.
- Cut cabbage into wedges- Add for the last 2-3 hours
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
This looks absolutely delicious!
Thank You so much.
We featured your delicious Corn Beef and Cabbage on Full Plate Thursday, 579. I just pinned your awesome post and hope you come back soon!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!