These Peppermint Fudge Brownies are absolutely fabulous. No one will know these rich fudgy brownies came from a box. When you add the peppermint cream cheese frosting , a layer of chocolate and peppermint candy -Oh My!
Peppermint Fudge Brownies
Brownies have definitely got to be one of my favorite desserts . These are no exception . They are so yummy and Christmassy. They are going to go perfect on my goodie tray along with Easy M&M Christmas Cookies and Cherry Kissmas (Christmas) Cookies . Seems everyone is getting their Christmas decorating and shopping done early this year. I better get on the stick. Ha Ha I have never been a head in my life.
Can I make Peppermint Fudge Brownies ahead of time ?
Yes! The peppermint brownies should really cool for at least an hour or two before serving, So Ideally making them a little ahead ia good. They can be stored in an air tight container.
Can I freeze these Brownies ?
Yes they will freeze well in an air tight container for 2-3 months
How to Make Peppermint Fudge Brownies :
- Brownie Box Mix
- Cooking Spray (Pam)
- Cream Cheese
- Cream or Milk
- Powdered Sugar
- Peppermint Extract
- Red Food Coloring
- Semisweet chocolate chips
Crushed Peppermint Candy ( or crushed candy canes)
Additional Brownie Recipes :
Peppermint Fudge Brownies
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 1 Box Brownie Mix
- Eggs as directed on box
- Oil as directed on box
- Water as directed on box
- Cooking Spray as directed on box
- 4 tbsp. butter softened
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. cream or milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy candy canes or sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to350° Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- Prepare brownies as directed on package
- Cool completely in the pan
- Beat butter and cream cheese with mixer until light and fluffy
- Add milk or cream and mix until well blended . Slowly add powdered sugar , stir in peppermint and food coloring (optional until desired color)
- Spread frosting evenly over brownies -chill in freezer for 15-20 minutes
- Place chocolate chips and butter in microwave safe bowl - microwave in 30 second increments until melted . Stir until smooth ,spread over peppermint layer ,top with peppermint candy.
To crush candy canes or candy put in a plastic bag and cover with a towel. Use a rolling pin or meat mallet to crush candy -note I ended up using pre-crushed ,however ingredient picture shows candy canes.
Recipe adapted from https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/