These Peppermint Fudge Brownies are absolutely fabulous. No one will know these rich fudgy brownies came from a box. When you add the peppermint cream cheese frosting , a layer of chocolate and peppermint candy -Oh My!
Peppermint Fudge Brownies
Brownies have definitely got to be one of my favorite desserts . These are no exception . They are so yummy and Christmassy. They are going to go perfect on my goodie tray along with Easy M&M Christmas Cookies and Cherry Kissmas (Christmas) Cookies . Seems everyone is getting their Christmas decorating and shopping done early this year. I better get on the stick. Ha Ha I have never been a head in my life.
They definitely can , in fact making them several hours a head is a great option. They should be completely cool before frosting.
They will stay fresh at room temperature for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
If kept in freezer in airtight container they will last 3-4 months. Take them out of the freezer in the morning and ready to serve by evening.
These brownies are also great with a scoop of ice cream or a cold glass of milk or cup of coffee.
How to Make Peppermint Fudge Brownies :
- Brownie Box Mix
- Cooking Spray
Peppermint Frosting :
Cream or Milk
Red Food Coloring
- Semisweet chocolate chips
Crushed Peppermint Candy ( or crushed candy canes)
Additional Brownie Recipes :
Other Great Recipes You May Enjoy:
Peppermint Fudge Brownies
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 1 Box Brownie Mix
- Eggs as directed on box
- Oil as directed on box
- Water as directed on box
- Cooking Spray as directed on box
- 4 tbsp. butter softened
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. cream or milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy candy canes or sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to350° Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- Prepare brownies as directed on package
- Cool completely in the pan
- Beat butter and cream cheese with mixer until light and fluffy
- Add milk or cream and mix until well blended . Slowly add powdered sugar , stir in peppermint and food coloring (optional until desired color)
- Spread frosting evenly over brownies -chill in freezer for 15-20 minutes
- Place chocolate chips and butter in microwave safe bowl - microwave in 30 second increments until melted . Stir until smooth ,spread over peppermint layer ,top with peppermint candy.
To crush candy canes or candy put in a plastic bag and cover with a towel. Use a rolling pin or meat mallet to crush candy -note I ended up using pre-crushed ,however ingredient picture shows candy canes.
Recipe adapted from https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/