Topped with a chocolate kiss, Cherry Kissmas (Christmas) Cookies are so cute. These cherry-flavored cookies look super cute on a dessert tray. They also work great for a cookie exchange or to share with family and friends.
What a great week it has been, I was blessed to have my mother who is 85 years young visiting for the holiday. I recruited her to be the cookie tester. I have kept some of each in the freezer. She said Peanut Butter And Jelly Thumb Print Cookies, Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies and Grandma’s Sour Cream Raisin Cookies were all good but these Cherry Kissmas cookies were her favorite. I also fed her some Melting Snowman Bark and The Best Peppermint Milkshake was hoping to put a pound or 2 on her well she was here. She's so tiny.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week so many blessings, my mother being here with my brother, my niece for making it happen and of course my husband, children their significant others and my adorable grandchildren.
Making these Cherry Kissmas (Christmas) Cookies was really easy and oh my, they are delicious. Originally this recipe was found at the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/ so shout out to her. However, I did make a couple of tweaks to the recipe to make it my own.
My favorite part of making these cookies was that they are pink! Pink is my favorite color, all things pink for me.
How to make Cherry Kissmas (Christmas) Cookies:
- Maraschino Cherry Juice
- Vanilla Extract
- Red Food Coloring (optional but gives it the great pink color)
- All-purpose Flour
- Maraschino Cherries
- Chocolate Kisses
- Softened Butter
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make the Cookies :
Mix Butter, Sugar, and salt
Beat in Cherry Juice, Vanilla, and Food Coloring
Add Flour and Cherries
Roll out Dough
Form Balls put on prepared baking sheet
Cherry Kissmas (Christmas) Cookies
- Electric Mixer
- 1 cup Butter Softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoon Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 5-6 drops Red Food Coloring Optional but helps with color
- 2-¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Chopped Maraschino Cherries
- 24 Chocolate Kisses
- Pre-Heat Oven 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl , beat butter , powdered sugar and salt until fluffy
- Slowly add in flour and mix until well combined
- Stir in Cherries
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on a prepared baking sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes until bottom is golden brown
- Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.-edges will crinkle
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes ,move to cooling rack
- Store in air tight container
Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,506. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Thank you so much Miz Helen for your Kind words
With the Cherry Kissmas Cookies, do you think you can use candied cherries instead of the maraschino??
Hi Barbara , I would think they would work fine.