Pea Salad With Ham is an excellent choice if you are looking for a salad to take to a pot luck. With frozen peas, chopped ham, shredded cheddar, and red onions. Mix in some mayonnaise and ranch dressing and it is delicious.
Pea Salad With Ham
Making this salad was so quick and easy. I used frozen peas, diced ham, diced red onion shredded cheddar. Mayonaisse and ranch dressing make it extra creamy and yummy.
This was the first time I ever made, in fact, I think this is the first time I ever ate pea salad. When I was looking for recipes, there were several versions of pea salad. Some had bacon, some were vegetarian. Most of them were made with mayonnaise or sour cream. I decided to take a little bit from each recipe and come up with my own version. I had ham on hand so decided to use it, my kids all love ranch so I figured why not?
How to Make Pea Salad With Ham :
- Frozen Peas
- Diced Ham
- Diced Red Onion
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Pour frozen peas, diced ham, diced red onions, and shredded cheese in a medium mixing bowl
- Mix in mayonnaise and ranch dressing
- Sprinkle paprika
Pea Salad With Ham
- mixing bowl ,serving spoon, cutting board, knife
- 1 Bag (12-16 oz) Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Diced Ham
- 3/4 cup Shredded Cheddar or cheese of choice
- 1/3 cup Red Onion
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing I used Hidden Valley Ranch
- Paprika Sprinkle for Garnish
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine peas, ham, cheese, and onion
- In a separate bowl whisk together mayonnaise and ranch
- With a spatula or spoon fold dressing into the dry ingredients
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve
Storage – Will keep 3-4 days in an airtight container under refrigeration
Substitutions – Bacon works great if you prefer in place of ham- If you a vegetarian or just wants a veggie version to leave the ham out.
If you have a picky eater in your house that doesn’t like onions (like I do ) leave them out and maybe sub celery for crunch
Looking for a great dessert?