Classic Strawberry Shortcake With Biscuits just maybe the perfect dessert. It is so good any time of year. However, in the Summer with fresh strawberries and homemade biscuits-it hits different.
This Strawberry Shortcake is to die for. It is made with a mixture of fresh strawberries, frozen strawberries,lemon juice, and sugar. Served on homemade Buttermilk Biscuits and topped with whipped cream. To me, this dessert is on the top of my summer favorites. However, I may have said that about Extra Easy Lemonade Cream Cheese Pie, Peaches, and Cream Poke Cake, and Easy Mile High Strawberry Jell-O Pie also. May I suggest trying them all and choose for yourself.
Yes, they could. These homemade buttermilk biscuits are easy and delicious. However, I'm all about shortcuts when needed.
The Strawberry Topping can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. In the freezer for 3-4 months. Biscuits in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days. In the freezer for 3-4 months.
Yes, either is a great option. Let's face it, Strawberry Shortcake anyway you can get it is awesome.
Oh yes, please! A scoop of vanilla on top will make this great dessert even better.
How to Make Classic Strawberry Shortcake With Biscuits :
- Fresh Strawberries
- Frozen Strawberries
- Lemon Juice
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cold Butter
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
Gather ingredients for your Strawberry Shortcake.
First slice fresh strawberries.
Add sugar to fresh strawberries and set aside.
Start mixing dry ingredients for biscuits.
Cutting in the butter.
Going in the oven.
Biscuits out of the oven.
Ready to serve Classic Strawberry Shortcake
A Few Other Great Recipes :
As an Amazon Associate, a small commission is made on any qualifying purchases.
Classic Strawberry Shortcake with Biscuits
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 6 cups Strawberries
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries Thawed
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 6 tablespoon Cold Butter
- 1 cup Cold Buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wash and slice fresh strawberries, and add lemon juice.
- Add sugar and set aside for 30-60 minutes to allow sugar to break down
- Stir in thawed frozen strawberries for additional liquid
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Cut cold butter into cubes and with a pastry cutter or fork cut it into the dry ingredients.
- Slowly mix in the buttermilk
- Dump the out onto a floured surface and need and fold into each other 4 or 5 times.
- Now roll out to be 1.5 or 2 inches thick.
- Use a cookie cutter or a glass to cut your biscuits
- Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart - brush with additional buttermilk if desired
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow biscuits to cool and top with delicious strawberries and whipped cream
Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday, 594. Hope you are having a great week and come back to see us soon!
Thank you so much Miz Helen. I appreciate you.