MILE HIGH STRAWBERRY JELLO PIE
My Mile High Strawberry Jello came out fantastic. I was so happy with the end results. So rich and creamy, refreshing summer dessert. Very easy to make and no-bake, my favorite kind of recipe.
I have mentioned before that my baking skills aren’t great haha . If I can find a great dessert that doesn’t involve baking I’m always happy to try it. I was looking for a refreshing dessert that was easy to make for a barbeque we were having. I hit the jackpot with this Mile High Strawberry Jello Pie. Everyone at the barbeque loved it and were asking for the recipe. No one could believe how easy it was to make. When I told them that it was just simply made with fresh strawberries, strawberry jello, cool whip, and a store-bought gram cracker crust they were in shock.
My kids and grandkids are already begging me to make another Mile High Strawberry Jello Pie. Everyone was upset that there was none left after the barbeque. I am planning on another get together this week for the 4th of July. Looks like Mile High Strawberry Pie will be on the menu. I just might add some blueberries to make it a little more festive for the occasion.
There is nothing that makes me happier than having all my kids and grandkids here at once. Family is everything. I was blessed to come from a large family that everyone was very close. I now am lucky enough to have married a great man who has given me a great life for almost 35 yrs. We have 4 great grown kids and 4 grandkids that are our world. hoping for some extended family to attend as well. So much fun, hoping mother nature cooperates.
If you want to try this Mile High Strawberry Jello Pie you will need just a few simple ingredients. Get a store-bought 9-inch graham cracker crust, or of course if you would prefer to make your own, go for it. You will also need fresh strawberries, strawberry Jello or gelatine brand of choice, cool whip or other whip toppings. Stay tuned I think I am going to try making this pie with different fruits maybe peaches or raspberries. If looking for other quick and easy desserts check out my Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies or my Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies.
Mile High Strawberry Jello Pie
- 2 Cups Strawberries (Divided)
- 2/3 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Pkg 3 oz Strawberry JELL-O or gelatin of choice
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 2 8 oz Tubs Cool Whip or whip topping of choice
- 1 9 inch Ready to use graham
- 1. Slice 1 cup of strawberries refrigerate for later use. Slice remaining berries and set aside. Add boiling water to jello ,stir for 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Add ice to cold water to make it 1 cup., discard any extra. Add to jello and stir until slightly thickened . remove any ice that didn't melt.
- 2. Whisk in 1 tub of cool whip and 1 cup of berries. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound. Spoon in to your graham cracker crust.
- 3. Refrigerate 3-4 hrs until completely firm . Top with second tub of cool whip , swirling with spatula or spoon . Garnish with remaining berries - ready to serve or keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Could you use a different flavor of jello and different fruit? – You definitely could.
How long does it keep -I would think if kept covered it would be good for 3-4 days in the refrigerator
Do You have to top it with the cool whip ?- No, I have seen others just use a dollop of cool whip or whip cream on top. I love the mile high look myself