Chicken Fajitas in a Skillet are easy and quick to make. Chicken breasts, jalapeno, red, orange, and yellow bell peppers along with onions. Throw it all in your cast iron skillet with a little olive oil and a few spices. It comes out better than the Mexican Restaurant and you don't have to leave your home.
Chicken Fajitas In A Skillet are an absolute family favorite. They have always been on our weekly menu, dating back 30 years ago when we lived in San Diego. Back then I ate all the chips, The Best Copy Cat Chipotle Guacamole and easy Spicy Hot Salsa my heart desired. Now I have to beat a little more careful about my calorie intake.
Absolutely! Steak, Pork, or Shrimp are all great options. Also, Chicken Thighs can be used.
How To Make Chicken Fajitas In A Skillet :
- INGREDIENTS NEEDED:
- Chicken Breast
- Red Pepper
- Yellow Pepper
- Orange Pepper
- Jalapeno Pepper
- White or Yellow Onion
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Flour Tortillas - I use https://www.missionfoods.com/products/better-for-you/low-carb-tortillas/
Optional Toppings :
Other Recipes You May Enjoy :Easy Fiesta Lime Chicken
Gather ingredients needed to make Chicken Fajitas.
Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet. Add chicken breasts and cook thoroughly. Remove from pan and set aside.
Cook the sliced veggies in hot olive and sprinkle the remainder of seasoning on them. Cook until desired consistency.
Add chicken back to the pan and mix with the vegetables. Ready to serve.
Chicken Fajitas In A Skillet
- 1 Cast Iron Skillet
- Cutting Board , Knife
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 1-2 Fresh Jalapeno
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 large White or Yellow Onion
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 10-12 Flour Tortillas
- Cheddar or Jack Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Pre-heat cast iron skillet on medium- high heat.Add the olive oil to pan.
- Combine all spices in a small bowl or cup. Mix well .
- Use ¾ of the spices to season the chicken breasts. Add the chicken to hot olive oil .
- Cook the chicken 6-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165° remove from the pan and set aside. Cool enough to be able to slice or chop chicken
- Meanwhile, slice vegetables into thin slices. After removing chicken add vegetables to skillet and sprinkle with remaining seasoning. Saute veggies for 8-10 minutes until the desired doneness.
- Add chicken back to the pan. Stir together and serve.