These Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a quick delicious meal to make if you are in a hurry or need to feed a crowd. Whether for your family or guests, they are sure to be a hit.
Anyone who knows me knows that Mexican food is my all-time favorite thing to eat. If eating it for dinner 6 nights a week was an option, that would be great. Throw in a pizza on the seventh night and you will have a happy woman.
One of our kids came in and told me the other night, that we are getting a new Mexican restaurant and cantina in town. So exciting. After living in San Diego for 10 years , we were used to having an abundance of Mexican restaurants nearby. Now living in Cincinnati they are few and far between.
If going out to eat at a Mexican restaurant we usually eat enchiladas and rice and beans. Along with 2 baskets of chips and salsa and 2 or 3 margaritas. As we all know ends up resulting in - 3000 or 4000 calories. Fajitas are a little healthier and so versatile, they can be used on salads, in tortillas or just on a plate. Recently we have been skipping the rice and beans and chips. Also, try to go for a skinny margarita.
Can I Use Different Meat ?
Yes In This Recipe I use chicken , however ,steak ,pork or shrimp are also great options.
Other Quick Easy Meals :
Buffalo Chicken Tenders, and Chicken Bacon Ranch and Cheddar are also quick and easy choices.
Recommended Dishes to Try :
How to make Easy Sheet Pan Fajitas:
Ingredients Needed :
- Chicken (or meat of choice)
- Green Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
Tips to make Sheet Pan Fajitas:
- Line sheet pan with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Slice your chicken and veggies about the same thickness.
- This will ensure everything is done at the same time
- Use the convection feature on your oven if you have it, it will brown the veggies nicely. Unfortunately, I'm not lucky enough to have that feature.
Easy Sheet Pan Fajitas
- stove, sheet pan, knife, cutting board
- 1 lb Chicken or meat of choice
- 1 Green Pepper other colors can be used
- 1 Onion halved and sliced
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat Oven to 400°
- In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Toss chicken with oil and spices and lay out flat on a foil-lined baking sheet and spread evenly
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken internal temperature is 165°
- Serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, salsa, guacamole or other favorite condiments
Please join our email list at top of the home page.
Follow us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/WeDishItUp/
on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/WeDishItUp/
If you try this recipe, please stop back and let us know how it came out and if you made any changes.
You had me at Fajitas!! I love all Mexican food, I cannot wait to try this out!
Yes Mexican food is definitely my favorite as well - enjoy