This Homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup is delicious thick creamy with tons of cheese, broccoli, and a little bit of carrot. Absolutely delicious you will be a huge hit with this one.
Who needs Panera when you can have your bowl of broccoli soup and an apple at home. Creamy and delicious Homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup made in ONE POT on the stovetop. This soup is easy to make in around 30 minutes and is full of flavor.
I love almost all soups, coming into fall I will probably make a lot of them now that I'm home during the day.
This broccoli soup is extra delicious when served in a bread bowl.
The first one I made for the blog was Easy Country Chicken Noodle Soup, I'm soon going to be posting a recipe for chili. Easy Instant Pot Spicy Chili. When I worked an office job, my daughter worked with me and our go-to lunch was a bowl of broccoli cheddar soup with a baguette from Panera. I didn't necessarily need to make a copy cat version of Panera bread's broccoli cheddar, I just wanted it to be easy, quick and tasty. To make this soup you will need broccoli, milk, cheddar cheese, carrots, onions(optional) flour, butter, chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
Tips for making your soup quick and easy :
- Use a food processor for chopping veggies
- Buy pre-chopped broccoli
- Buy pre-shredded carrots
- Use shredded cheese
How to Make Homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup :
Ingredients Needed :
- Fresh Broccoli
- Cheddar Cheese
- Chicken Broth
- Whole Milk
Other Good Recipes You May Like :
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- 4 tablespoon Butter I use salted but use unsalted if you prefer it to be less salty
- ½ Large White onion -diced
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Cups Chopped Broccoli
- ¾ Cup Carrots Finely Shredded
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar I used pre-shredded
- Melt butter in a saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat add onions and cook 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally
- Whisk in flour till completely smooth
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth -add salt and pepper
- Add in Broccoli and carrots, cook on low for 10-12 minutes
- Add milk, slowly add the cheese 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly
- Simmer 5-6 until hot - serve immediately