Easy Country Chicken Noodle Soup is quick and easy to make and full of chicken and vegetables. It is going to leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling.
Easy Country Chicken Noodle Soup
Summer is winding down and fall is right around the corner. I hate the idea of summer coming to an end. Summer is my favorite season. It's all about sunshine and beaches for this girl. However, one thing I do love about thinking of fall is all the great comfort food we cook and eat when fall arrives. This Easy Country Chicken Noodle Soup is the ultimate comfort soup.
When I think of homemade chicken noodle soup I think of my mother cooking it all day on the stove. The smell of the soup simmering would fill the house. My mother is a fantastic cook. Unfortunately, I didn't just naturally inherit that talent. I am working on it though, for years I had horrible eating habits - eating fast food and whatever was quick to throw together.
That is one of the main reasons for starting the blog. I figured if I was going to focus on learning to cook I might as well document it and share the great recipes I came up with.
Everyone loves a classic bowl of chicken noodle soup. I mean chicken noodle soup is the universal cure-all for whatever ails you. You have a cold -chicken noodle soup. A stomach ache-chicken noodle soup. Just feeling glum, chicken noodle soup is a great pick me up.
This Easy Country Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is pretty quick and easy to make.
Making this soup will only take 30-40 minutes and it will be ready to eat. However the longer you let it simmer the better the flavor. Most of the things you need to make this Chicken Noodle Soup you can probably find in your pantry and refrigerator. You will need chicken, I used a couple of breasts and a couple of thighs I had in the freezer. If you don't have chicken or if you don't want to be bothered with cooking it, sub rotisserie chicken. Also needed are olive oil, carrots, celery, onions (I used Red for color)garlic cloves or minced garlic, chicken broth, oregano, salt, pepper, egg noodles, and lemon juice.
If you are looking for a great sandwich to have with your soup check out
Easy Country Chicken Noodle Soup
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic or 1 tbsp pre-minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 64 ounces chicken broth more if desired
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper or more to taste
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large stockpot or dutch oven add oil and heat over medium heat until oil is hot
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and butter to the pan saute 7-8 minutes until vegetables are soft. Stir intermittently.
- Add Garlic and saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, oregano, salt, and pepper and any other spices you may want to add for personal taste. Allow to boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the egg noodles and boil additional 8-10 minutes until noodles are soft. If you would like more broth add more chicken broth or a cup or 2 of water.
- Add chicken and lemon juice continue to heat another 5-10 minutes until hot. Make any necessary adjustments in spices to personal preference. Serve immediately if you choose or keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 5-7 days. In the freezer for up to 6 months