If you are looking for a quick and easy dish to make for a pot luck or a barbeque, this Broccoli Salad with raisins and nuts just maybe it. It's colorful, nutritious and always a hit. Made up of fruits and vegetables and people love it.
Although, to be honest, I have never been a big fan of raw broccoli. Personally, I have always preferred my broccoli to be steamed with butter and cheese sauce. However, my husband and kids prefer it raw. That being said I decided to try out this broccoli salad for a recent barbeque that required a dish to pass.
It sure wasn't long before I realized, I should have made a double batch of Broccoli salad. My Broccoli salad was a huge hit. Everyone loved it. This Broccoli Salad recipe combines bright-colored vegetables with raisins and nuts. Making the salad a crunchy dish with a balance of sweet mayonnaise dressing.
My family all loved the Broccoli salad with onions and raisins and have been asking me to make it again. Next time I make it, my plan is to make a low carb or keto version. Replacing the sugar with stevia or another sugar substitute of choice and leaving out the raisins, would make it low carb and keto-friendly.
Ingredients Needed For Easy Broccoli Salad With Raisins and Nuts :
- Red Onion
- Granulated Sugar
If you aren't a broccoli salad fan and are looking for a dish to pass, check out these other salads that I have shared:
- Classic Macaroni Salad- a classic recipe that is always a favorite at my picnics.
- Watergate Salad - always a hit!
Other Recipes To Try :
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 red onion
- ½ lb cooked bacon
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1. Put ½ lb bacon in a skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Cool and crumble.
- 2. Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces and dice the red onion into thin bite-size slices. Combine with the bacon, raisins,and almonds or your favorite nuts and mix well.
- 3..To prepare the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together until smooth. Stir into the salad, let chill and serve.
This looks so great! I just pinned it. I LOVE a good broccoli salad. Visiting from Miz Helen’s blog hop. Have a great week.
Thank You so much for stopping by, I will definitely check out your site .
We sure enjoyed featuring your awesome post on Full Plate Thursday, 588. Thanks so much for sharing with us and sure hope you come back again!