My Easy Ambrosia Salad Recipe is a basic fluff combo. By combining fruit, marshmallows, pudding, and cool whip. You will be a hit at your party or pot luck I'm sure.
Throwing together my easy ambrosia salad recipe was so fun , I love making desserts that work as side dishes as well. I have shared many Easy Strawberry Fluff Salad With Marshmallows, Caramel Apple Fluff Salad, and Fluffy Watergate Salad are just a few .
What is Ambrosia Salad ?
Ambrosia Salad is said to be a southern version of fruit salad. There are many different recipes ,however most consist of fruit marshmallows and cool whip or whip cream. I have seen yogurt used instead of cool whip as well.
How to Store Ambrosia :
Ambrosia will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Can You Use Fresh Fruit ?
You absolutely could use fresh fruit if you so choose. It would probably make it healthier and not as sweet. I would say it is a personal choice ass to how sweet you want your salad to be. The canned fruits are usually in heavy syrup, so even if you drain it off there is still some left behind. You can find fruit packed in water if you look.
How to Make My Easy Easy Ambrosia Recipe:
Ingredients Needed :
- Fruit Cocktail
- Canned Pineapple
- Mini Marshmallows
- Cool Whip
- Sweetened Coconut
- Mandarin Oranges
- Maraschino Cherries
Head to www.food.com/ for more dessert salad recipes you will love.
My Easy Ambrosia Salad Recipe
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 2 cans (21 oz.) Fruit Cocktail I use extra cherry
- 1 can (21 oz.) Crushed Pineapple
- 1 small box Vanilla Pudding I used sugar free
- 1 small box Banana Pudding I used sugar free
- 1 10 oz. bag Mini- Marshmallows
- 1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip or other whipped topping
- 1 cup Sweetened Coconut
- 2-3 drops Pink Food Coloring Optional to tint coconut
- 6-8 Maraschino Cherries
- In a large mixing bowl dump drained fruit cocktail and pineapple-stir in dry pudding
- Fold in cool whip ,marshmallows and drained oranges
- Put coconut in a baggie and add a few drops of pink food coloring - shake until coconut is tinted pink
- Fold coconut into salad saving some to sprinkle on top. Garnish with cherries
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving