Fluffy Watergate Salad is a delicious summer favorite. A great dish for a pot luck or barbecue. You are sure to be a hit if you show up with a big bowl of Watergate salad.
FAQ and Tips :
It got its name because it was served at the Watergate Hotel in Washington DC.
Which is very similar to the naming of So Good Waldorf Salad
Yes it will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Growing up I had an aunt that always brought Watergate salad to every party, whether it was a barbecue or a baby shower. I always loved it and thought it was so fancy. I thought she must have spent all day making it. Little did I know how simple and quick Watergate salad was to make. There are many different versions of Watergate salad. I made it very simple with just pistachio pudding, crushed pineapple, vanilla yogurt cool whip ( you can use whip topping or whipped cream of your choice) mini marshmallows and some maraschino cherries.
Many people add pecans or walnuts to their Watergate salad. I chose not to with this recipe but feel free to add your favorite nut or some coconut -yum. Usually I try to make a double batch of this yummy irresistible bowl of fluffy heaven if I am going to a picnic or pot luck. The silly name often scares people off. However, once you convince them to try it - they usually fall in love. It is so bright and colorful it will brighten up any table. I usually have some as a salad or a side dish and go back and get seconds - add some more cool whip on top and add a Marciano cherry or two on top that and call it dessert.
So if you are looking for a dish to take to a picnic or a dish to pass event. It doesn't get easier or more delicious than the Watergate salad. It is so quick to whip up and always a huge hit. All you need is pistachio pudding, crushed pineapple, vanilla pudding, mini marshmallows, and cool whip.
How to Make Fluffy Watergate Salad :
- Pistachio Pudding
- Crushed Pineapple
- Vanilla Pudding
- Mini Marshmallows
- Cool Whip
- Marciano Cherries
Other Tasty Recipes You Might Enjoy :
- Electric Mixer
- 1 box (3.4 oz) pistachio pudding sugar free or regular
- 1 can 8 oz crushed pineapple
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (low fat or regular)
- 2.5 cups cool whip (divided) can use fat free if you chose
- 1.5 cups mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl mix -dry pudding mix ,pineapple and yogurt -whisk until well blended. Stir in mini marshmallows and 2 cups of cool whip. Saving remaining cool whip for topping later. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Return any left overs ( rarely there are any) to the refrigerator.