Fluffy Watergate Salad
Watergate salad is a delicious summer favorite. A great dish for a pot luck or barbecue. You are sure
to be a hit if you show up with a big bowl of Watergate salad.
Growing up I had an aunt that always brought Watergate salad to every party, whether it was a barbecue
or a baby shower. I always loved it and thought it was so fancy. I thought she must have spent all day making
it. Little did I know how simple and quick Watergate salad was to make. There are many different versions
of Watergate salad. I made it very simple with just pistachio pudding, crushed pineapple, vanilla yogurt cool whip ( you can use whip topping or whipped cream of your choice) mini marshmallows and some maraschino cherries.
Many people add pecans or walnuts to their Watergate salad. I chose not to with this recipe but feel free to
add your favorite nut or some coconut -yum. I usually try to make a double batch of this yummy irresistible
bowl of fluffy heaven if I am going to a picnic or pot luck.
I find that people who have never tried it are always Leary of trying it.
The silly name often scares them off, however, once you convince them to try it – they usually fall in love. It is so bright and colorful it will brighten up any table. I usually have some as a salad or a side dish and go back and get seconds – add some more cool whip on top and add a Marciano cherry or two on top that and call it dessert.
So if you are looking for a dish to take to a picnic or a dish to pass event. It doesn’t get easier or more delicious
than Watergate salad. It is so quick to whip up and always a huge hit. All you need is pistachio pudding, crushed pineapple, vanilla pudding, mini marshmallows, and cool whip.
- 1 box (3.4 oz) pistachio pudding sugar free or regular
- 1 can 8 oz crushed pineapple
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (low fat or regular)
- 2.5 cups cool whip (divided) can use fat free if you chose
- 1.5 cups mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl mix -dry pudding mix ,pineapple and yogurt -whisk until well blended. Stir in mini marshmallows and 2 cups of cool whip. Saving remaining cool whip for topping later. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Return any left overs ( rarely there are any) to the refrigerator.