This Easy Strawberry Trifle With Angel Food Cake is so delicious. Layered with vanilla pudding and fresh strawberries it is beautiful.
What is a Trifle ?
A Trifle is a cold English dessert consisting of layers of cake soaked in brandy or sherry ( in this case just the juice of the strawberries) layered with fruit and pudding or custard . Topped with whipped cream or whipped topping.
Strawberries are without a doubt one of my favorite fruits. I love desserts made with them and have shared many including Mile High Strawberry Jello Pie, Strawberry Dole Whip and No Bake Strawberry Pie Baby. Using Strawberries to make this trifle was perfect with angel food cake , pudding and cool whip. Angel food cake is so light and airy and soaks up the strawberry sauce well.
Can Trifle Be Made Ahead ?
Generally everything that goes in the trifle will keep in the refrigerator for several days . Therefore it is safe to make a head of time . I wouldn't do it to far ahead for it to look its best , I would say 24 hours.
Can I Switch Up the Ingredients ?
Absolutely you can swap out the fruits or maybe add additional. Strawberry , Blueberry or Strawberry Banana are great combos. I think my next attempt , I am going to try using brownies and cherry pie filling - it sounds so yummy.
How to Make Easy Strawberry Trifle With Angel Food Cake :
Ingredients Needed :
- Fresh Strawberries
- Angel Food Cake
- Vanilla Pudding
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
Other Recipes You May Enjoy :
Easy Strawberry Trifle With Angel Food Cake
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 2 lbs. (large container) Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Angel Food Cake cubed
- 1 large box Vanilla Pudding or Flavor of Choice
- 3 cups Cold Milk for Pudding
- 2 8oz. Tubs Cool Whip Or Whipped Cream if Preferred
- ¾ cup Sugar
- Cube Angel Food Cake and Set aside
- Slice strawberries, in bowl coat with sugar - refrigerate at least 30 minutes -tossing a couple times (save a few to garnish top)
- Make pudding as directed on package -fold in 1 container of whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- When strawberries are ready -drain juice into separate container
- Begin to layer Trifle placing a layer of cake in your compote dish ,pour some of the strawberry syrup over the cake, next layer pudding followed by sliced strawberries
- Repeat layers, when finished layering I added second tub of whipped topping to the top of trifle and garnished with more strawberries.
Leave a Reply