Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes are so adorable and easy to make. Using a yellow cake mix, food coloring, and some homemade buttercream frosting. Top them with a candy corn candy and you are sure to be a hit.
So I wanted to get in one more fun Halloween treats before I move on to Thanksgiving and before you know it Christmas. Cupcakes are always easy and fun. This year I did the Oreo Bat Halloween Cupcakes and the Halloween Monster Cake that came out so cute. I'm sure my grandkids will love them all. If you are having a party, the WITCHES BREW KID FRIENDLY HALLOWEEN PUNCH is always perfect.
If I am making cakes or cupcakes I almost always use a cake mix. It just makes it so much easier. for these cupcakes, I used a yellow cake mix and some yellow and orange food coloring.
How To Make Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes :
- Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Gel Food Coloring
- Candy Corn
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING :
- Confectionary Sugar
- Cream or Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Gel Food Coloring
Coloring Cake Mix
The cupcakes going into the oven.
Fresh out of the Oven
Frosting the Cupcakes, the Yellow tier.
Can I use a Different Flavor Cake?
Yellow or white will work best for coloring, however, any flavor will work if you just want to color the frosting.
Can I use Store Bought Frosting?
Sure you could, I'm always on board for any short cuts. Buy a can or 2 of white frosting of your choice and color it yellow, orange, and white.
STORING:- Will keep 4-5 days in an airtight container on the counter. I personally put everything in the freezer for later.
Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- Pastry Bag
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix I used Pillsbury
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Oil
- 12 Candy Corn
- 1 cup Softened Butter 2 sticks (I use salted)
- 4 cups Confectionary Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Milk or Cream
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350°
- Mix Cake mix as directed on box-divide into 2 dishes -add yellow food coloring to one if you want it brighter than the cake mix. Orange food coloring to the other bowl of cake mix (if you don't have orange coloring mix yellow and red until the desired orange tint. Gel food coloring works best .
- Use cupcake liners to line pan- pour the yellow batter into the liners, let it settle a little , scoop or pour orange batter on top of the yellow. The cupcake liners should be about ⅔ full
- Bake as Directed on Box
Butter Cream Frosting
- In a medium mixing bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment add butter and vanilla extract
- Mix until completely creamed together
- Add the powdered sugar slowly keeping the mixer on low until sugar is incorporated. Scrape sides with a spatula, slowly add milk, and mix on medium-high speed .
- Divide frosting into 3 bowls and color one yellow, one orange and leave one white or if not white enough add white food color
- Use a pastry bag to alternate frosting to build candy corn -top with candy
Other Recipes You may Like :