This Easy CANDY CORN POKE CAKE is so fun and festive. It will be a huge hit at any party or just a fun surprise dessert for the family.
With Halloween coming I have been practicing making several fun desserts. If you tried Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies or Slow Cooker Apple Spice Dump Cake please drop by the site and leave some comments on the posts. I love getting feedback from my followers. I hope you all have joined our mailing list and started following us on Facebook @https://www.facebook.com/WeDishItUp
And on Pinterest @ https://www.pinterest.com/WeDishItUp
My grandkids get so excited for Halloween, next to Christmas I'm sure it is their favorite time of the year. The 2 older boys will probably be superheroes or ninjas. Or if they can find any costumes that relate to Fortnite or Minecraft, I'm sure that will be their first choice. Hopefully, we can still get the twins to dress up in something fun from the Disney Store. Their first Halloween they dressed as Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Those will always be my favorite costumes. Although all of the Disney Characters hold a special place in my heart. I can remember dressing my oldest daughter as Tinker Bell when she was in kindergarten and my son as Buzz Light Year, so much fun. My family has definitely always been a Disney Family. We are now carrying on the tradition with the grandkids.
How to Make Easy CANDY CORN POKE CAKE!
Ingredients Needed :
- Cake Mix
- Egg Whites
- Vegetable Oil
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Orange Food Coloring or Red mixed with Yellow
Don't like candy corn? That's no big deal. It's just a basic white cake mix with food coloring to make it look like candy corn and you can always leave the candy off the top, or just let those that don't like it pick it off.
If you try this recipe come back and let me know how it came out and if you made any changes to the recipe. Keep an eye out because I have a couple more fun Halloween recipes to share before we move on to Thanksgiving. As always thanks for stopping by my blog.
Candy Corn Poke Cake
- Electric Mixer
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs Whites (or as directed on box)
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Orange Food Coloring I mixed red and yellow
- Make Cake Batter as directed on the box. Divide into 3 equal parts - make one orange, one yellow and leave one white. (Make sure you add enough to make the colors vibrant)
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 cake pan with food release, spread the yellow layer in the bottom of the pan, put in the freezer for 20 minutes (be sure to keep flat)
- Next, carefully add the orange layer to the pan spreading over the yellow layer- return to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° or as directed on box
- Remove cake from the freezer and carefully add the white layer. Let the cake sit on top of stove well oven preheats.
- Bake according to directions on the box -remove when a toothpick comes out dry
- As soon as the cake is done poke holes with the end of a wooden spoon. Pour sweetened condensed milk over cake. Refrigerate for at least 2 hrs, overnight is best
- Spread whipped topping on the cake and garnish with candy corn.