You will find all the great flavors of an apple pie in these Apple Pie Cupcakes with brown sugar caramel frosting. This recipe is super easy to make since we used a store-bought cake mix and also store-bought pie filling.
APPLE PIE CUPCAKES
We will probably be going a bit overboard with apple recipes this fall. My grandkids started school really early this year and since back to school always has fall on my mind, I have been baking like crazy. I grew up in upstate NY and the school year never started until the after Labor Day. I really am not liking that they start in mid-August. I'm not ready for summer to be over. However, since the kids are back in school and the weather is feeling like fall I guess I might as well get my Apple and Pumpkin on.
Hopefully, you have already tried my Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies or PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS. In the near future, I hope to attempt a few actual pies ( that's scary for us amateur bakers ) In the meantime if you have a craving for apple pie, these apple pie cupcakes will do the trick and are so easy to make. Making these cupcakes is a snap, all you need are a few baking staples. For the cupcakes themselves, you will only need a yellow or white cake mix and what the directions call for ( usually oil, eggs, and water ) I used Pillsbury super moist white. You will also need a can of apple pie filling. For the delicious caramel brown sugar buttercream frosting, you will need -butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla, Torani's salted caramel syrup or caramel ice cream topping, milk or cream.
How to make these cupcakes :
Make Cupcakes as directed on box
With paring knife hollow out the center of the cupcake
Fill with pie filling (chop into small pieces)
Replace just the top of the plug-frost the cupcakes.
Apple Pie Cupcakes
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- Electric Mixer
- 1 box Cake Mix yellow or white works best
- 1 20 OZ Can of Apple Pie Filling
- 1 cup Softened Butter
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Torani's Salted Caramel syrup
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven and line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Prepare cupcakes according to box directions
- Fill liners ⅔ full and bake according to box directions for cupcakes
- Allow to cool completely.
- Use a knife to dice apples into smaller pieces.
- use a knife to core our a plug in the middle of each cupcake and fill with pie filling.
- Place just the top of the plug back on the cupcake.
- Make Frosting
- Whip butter, brown sugar, caramel syrup, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a pastry bag and frost each cupcake.
If you haven't joined my email list yet, please do so at the top of the page.
Would love for you to follow us on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/WeDishItUp/
Follow us on Pinterest @https://www.pinterest.com/WeDishItUp/