Slow-Cooker Beef Stew cooked all day in the crockpot is so delicious. With beef tips, potatoes, carrots, celery and onions all in beef gravy. The perfect fall meal for your family or for large gathering.
Is there anything better in the fall than soups or stews ? This stew comes out fabulous after cooking all day in the crock-pot. Have you tried any of the other crock-pot or instant pot meals I've shared? Some of my favorites are Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff and INSTANT POT CHILI both are so good. So is this stew . I used sirloin tips , however you can use stew beef that you can buy at the grocery store or use a roast and cut it up. This is the first time I've added tomato paste to stew and I loved the extra little zip that it gave it.
Instant Pot Chili (link above)
How to Make Slow-Cooker Beef Stew:
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Tomato Paste
- Beef Broth
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
WHAT KIND OF MEAT TO USE IN THIS STEW ?
I used sirloin tips because that's what I had in the freezer, however stew meat or chuck roast will work great.
Slow-Cooker Beef Stew
- Crockpot, Slow Cooker
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- 2 pounds Boneless Beef Tips or Roast Cut
- 1 Onion (yellow or white) Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 3 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 4 Carrots Chopped
- 4-5 large Potatoes Chopped in cubes
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Small Can Tomato Paste
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a large zip-lock bag. Add the chunks of beef, seal the bag, and shake to coat the meat with the flour mixture. Or Put in a bowl and coat meat
- Heat 1 ½ tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet ,Add the cubes of beef in a single layer in the pan (brown the beef in two batches if necessary). Let the beef brown on the first side for 3- 4 minutes, then flip and brown the other side. Stir in any remaining flour from the bag and then transfer the beef to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining olive oil and the onion to the pan. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Pour a little bit of beef broth into skillet and scrape any brown bits left in skillet
- Transfer meat , and any contents from skillet to slow cooker
- Add the remaining ingredients including beef broth and tomato paste and other vegetables and spices to the slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours
Other Recipes you may Like :