French Onion Chicken is the absolute bomb. It is tender chicken breasts in a creamy onion sauce made in a skillet . So Easy to make and incredible it is definitely a new favorite.
French Onion Chicken
This chicken makes for a perfect weeknight dinner. Only taking about 30 minutes to make helps if you are short on time. Serve it with The Best 1 WW Point Asparagus and Loaded Mashed Potato Bake or what ever your favorite side dishes are. We are definitely big chicken eaters in this house and this recipe is so good. The chicken comes out so tender and flavorful. With onions and provolone cheese - yum.
If you have anyone in your household that doesn't eat onions, this probably wont be their favorite meal. It is packed full of fresh cooked onions. I have a son who is a grown man that will not go anywhere near onions. Over all he is not a picky eater at all . He likes most everything except onions. My hubby and I however love them , this chicken tastes almost like French onion soup with the flavorful sauce and cheese on top. The recipe that I used for inspiration for this dish I found at therecipecritic.com/ . I did make a few changes .
How to Make French Onion Chicken
- Chicken Breasts
- Onions Sliced
- Beef Broth
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Provolone Cheese
- White Cheddar or Swiss
Frying the Onions
Thickening the Gravy
Chicken with Onions
French Onion Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts pound chicken to approximately ½ inch thick
- 2 large Onions Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 4 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 Slices White Cheddar or Swiss Cheese
- Cooking the Chicken
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil and sliced onions. Sauté until caramelized 6-8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside .
- Add in the chicken breasts and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Set aside with the onions.
- Add the butter and let it melt ,whisk in the flour . Add the beef broth ,Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until it starts to thicken
- Reduce heat to low and add chicken and onions back into pan . Top with cheeses - Broil for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Parsley for garnish
Other Dishes you might like
Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake (Just 3 Ingredients)
This post may contain affiliate links - a small commission will be made from qualifying purchases
We sure have enjoyed featuring your awesome post this week on Full Plate Thursday,505. Thanks so much for sharing with us and come back soon!