Classic Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms filled with cream cheese and parmesan cheese. A perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years' entertaining.
Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms are a classic easy to make appetizer. There are so many variations out there, but most, including this one, feature a cheesy mixture with other optional additions of meat, seafood or spices.
If you are doing a holiday get together and need to fill your appetizer menu in addition to these mushrooms, Chipped Beef Dip With Dill , Biscuit Wreath With Buffalo Chicken Dip, Buffalo Chicken Tenders and http://damndelicious.net/2016/09/06/sheet-pan-nachos/ All are great choices.
Joe and I both love mushrooms so thought this would be a great choice as an appetizer or even as a side dish for thanksgiving. We were having a hard time finding things in the low carb category. Although I'm not strict keto he definitely is. I'm so proud that he plans to follow his eating plan even through the holidays
The first time I tested the mushrooms, Joe thought they had too much cream cheese. Therefore some adjustments were made to the recipe. We used less cream cheese and more sharp cheese.
In Process Cheese in skillet
Filling the Mushrooms
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms :
- Cream Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic (minced)
- Onion Salt
- Red Cayenne Pepper
How Are The Mushrooms Made :
- Pre-Heat the Oven
- Wash and Dry Mushrooms
- Remove stems from Mushrooms
- Cube Cream Cheese and Dice the Mushroom Stems
- Heat Butter and Garlic
- Add mushroom stems
- Slowly add cream cheese and as it melts stir in onion salt, red pepper, paprika, parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese
- When hot and melted -scoop into mushrooms-garnish with parsley
- Bake for 20 minutes
Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 4 oz Cream Cheese Cubed
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan
- ¼ Cup Shredded Cheddar
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional if you like spice)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Parsley Fresh or Dried
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Break off stems of mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms, top side down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Add butter and garlic to a skillet. Dice mushroom stems and add to skillet. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms begin to soften. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and spices and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook and mix until cheese is melted.
- Use a 1 tablespoon portion scoop to fill the mushrooms. Fill the scoop halfway and press the filling into the mushroom. Place another half-filled scoop on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until hot. Garnish with fresh chopped or dried parsley, more paprika if desired.
- Seve Hot
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”