Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup has all the great flavors of stuffed peppers. However, not nearly as much work. Green and red peppers,rice and ground beef in a tomato base broth. I whipped this soup up in less than an hour on top of the stove and it was great.
Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup
Not only is pumpkin and apple season upon us, soup season is here too. This pepper soup is great. However, if you aren’t a pepper fan, try Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup or Slow Cooker Clam Chowder both are also delicious. I made my pepper soup a little spicy by using canned tomatoes with green chili’s in them. This soup is packed full of green and red peppers, ground beef,onions, canned tomatoes and rice. I cooked it on top of the stove but sure it would be good in a slow cooker or instant pot as well.
My inspiration for this soup was found over at https://chefsavvy.com/ Kelly’s looked delicious but i did change a few things. she used ground sausage ,I switched that to ground beef and used brown rice verses white.
How to Make Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup:
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- Ground Beef
- Green Peppers
- Red Peppers
- Orange Peppers
- Canned Tomatoes
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Sour Cream
Browning the Beef
Soup in Process
Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup
- stove, large pan, knife, cutting board
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 green bell peppers chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 small orange bell pepper chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 2 14.5 oz cans crushed tomatoes I used 1 with habenaros
- 1 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tsp tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 14.5 can beef broth
- 2 cups rice I used brown /white is fine
- 2 tbsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- In a pot over medium heat ,heat olive oil. Add ground beef and cook until browned ,breaking up well.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes
- Next add the peppers to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes .
- Add tomatoes,tomato sauce,beef broth,Italian seasoning and salt and pepper-bring to boil
- Turn down and simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Meanwhile cook rice separately
- Best to keep rice separate as it soaks up the liquid rapidly
- Serve with optional cheese and sour cream
Can Ground Turkey be Used For For Stuffed Pepper Soup?
Yes I would think ground Turkey or ground Chicken would make a great substitution.
Can I Freeze This Soup ?
Yes this soup will freeze great for 3-6 months in an airtight container or in a freezer bag. It will also keep well in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
This post may contain affiliate links, any qualifying purchases will results in a small commission at no extra cost to you-