This Biscuit Wreath With Buffalo Chicken Dip is a great choice for holiday parties. If you are looking for a quick versatile appetizer for a Thanksgiving or Christmas gathering. This one can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes and is sure to be a hit.
Buffalo chicken is one of my favorite things to eat. We eat the Buffalo Chicken Tenders that were shared on the blog in the past -often. When I discovered the recipe for this biscuits wreath, It looked great. However, it was shown served with spinach artichoke dip.
Although most people like spinach and artichoke dip, after thinking about it , I thought the Buffalo dip would be great with the biscuits. In addition, the fact that the biscuits were baked in the cast iron skillet (any oven-proof skillet will work ) I found pretty cool.
The wreath is made with store-bought canned biscuits and baked in a cast-iron skillet a. The buffalo dip was cooked in the instant pot.
The dip is made with just a few ingredients
Ingredients Needed To Make Biscuit Wreath With Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Store-Bought Canned Biscuits
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Boneless Chicken Breast
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar
- Mozzarella Cheese
How to Make the Biscuit Wreath:
- Preheat Oven
- Open Biscuits
- Cut Biscuits in half
- Biscuits rolled in balls in the skillet
- Brush Olive Oil and Oregano
Biscuits Cut in Half
Biscuits rolled in balls in the skillet
Bush Olive Oil
Biscuits In the Oven
Biscuits Out Of the Oven
How to Make The Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Arrange chicken in Instant Pot or another pressure cooker
- Add Ranch dip mix, hot sauce, cream cheese and butter
- Seal the lid and set the pressure cooker on manual high pressure
- Shred the chicken with forks – add cheddar cheese and mozzarella
- Garnish with more hot sauce, ranch and green onion
- Serve with biscuit wreath
Could you use a different dip?
I would say -absolutely, I would say any dip would go great with the biscuit wreath – Chili cheese dip would be great, a dish of marinara would work great or as I mentioned earlier, spinach artichoke dip would be great.
Could you serve the Buffalo dip without the biscuits?
Everyone loves buffalo dip with cut veggies (which would make it low carb, keto-friendly). It could be served with crackers or chips, I’ve also been known to eat it just on my plate as is.
What if I don’t have a cast-iron pan?
Any oven-safe pan can be used, even a glass pie pan or baking dish would work fine as long as you can cook them in a circle.
If you make this biscuit wreath and buffalo dip over the holidays, it would be great if you stopped back and left a comment and let me know if it was a hit.
Do you follow us on Pinterest? Would love if you started https://www.pinterest.com/WeDishItUp/
Follow us on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/wedishitup/
Biscuit Wreath With Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 Can Refrigerated Biscuits I used Pillsbury
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Sprinkle Oregano
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg Hidden Valley -Original Ranch Dip Mix
- 1 cup Hot Sauce I used Franks
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 stick Butter I use salted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Green Onions for garnishment
- Making the Wreath
- Preheat Oven 350°
- Cut biscuits in half lengthwise
- Pinch ends of biscuits together forming balls - lay seem down in the skillet
- Brush Olive oil on biscuits sprinkle parmesan and oregano
- Bake 15-20 minutes til golden brown
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Arrange chicken in the instant pot
- Season with dip mix, add hot sauce, cream cheese, and butter
- Seal Lid and set the pressure cooker on manual high pressure for 15 minutes. When time is up, do a quick release by carefully turning the pressure valve
- Shred the chicken with forks, stir in the cheeses, garnish with a drizzle of hot sauce, a drizzle of ranch and scallions.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.