Cherry Pie Cupcakes are the absolute best. Start with a fluffy white cupcake and add cherry pie filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. Oh My!
Cupcakes are my definite go-to if the grandkids are coming over or if I need something for a potluck. Whether I am doing a Holiday theme like Oreo Bat Halloween Cupcakes, or just a delicious dessert like The Best Raspberry Cream Cheese Filled Cupcakes or Apple Pie Cupcakes. You can't go wrong with cupcakes.
Absolutely, I try to use cake mixes as a shortcut when possible.
Sure use whatever flavor you prefer, the combinations are endless.
Yes, for sure. Buttercream is so yummy with the cherries but cream cheese frosting is also excellent.
Put them in an airtight container and store on the counter for 3-4 days.
How To Make Cherry Pie Cupcakes :
- White Cake Mix
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
Gather the ingredients for cupcakes, filling, and frosting.
Fill cupcake liners half full bake for 5 minutes.
Next, add a scoop of cherry pie filling to each cupcake. Return to the oven and continue to bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
Frost cupcakes with your favorite buttercream frosting (or frosting of choice). Begin at the outside of the cupcake, and leave the center open to add more cherry filling.
Another scoop of cherry topping is added and they are ready to serve.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy :
- Easy Cherry Coke Cupcakes From Box Mix Recipe
- The Best Raspberry Cream Cheese Filled Cupcakes
- Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Easy to Make Hand-Held Cherry Pies
- Extra Easy Sugar Cookie Cherry Pie Bars
Cherry Pie Cupcakes
- 1 Electric Mixer
- 1 OVEN
- 1 Mixing Bowl, serving bowl , spatula
- 1 Pastry Bag
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 can Cherry Pie filling
- 1 cup Soft Butter
- 4 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 tbsps Milk or Heavy Cream
- Make cupcakes mix according to the directions on the box.
- Fill cupcake liners or well greased pan half full with cake batter.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and scoop a cookie scoop or a tablespoon of cherry pie filling into the cupcakes.
- Return to the oven and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Cream the butter in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer. (use a paddle attachment)
- Slowly add confectioners sugar until completely mixed in.
- Add vanilla and cream or milk, and mix well.
- Add frosting to a pastry bag and frost the cooled cupcakes starting from the outside. Leave the center open to add more filling.
- Add an additional scoop of cherry pie filling and serve.