Buffalo Chicken Tenders
These Buffalo Chicken Tenders are so good. They are low carb, keto-friendly and so quick and easy. A great weeknight meal.
Buffalo Chicken Tenders are my definite go to meal. We eat them all the time. In the past, I always made them with french fries or onion rings or sometimes cut up on a salad. Buffalo Chicken Tenders would also be great paired with my Creamy Coleslaw with Bacon . My husband was so happy when I discovered this recipe because now we could make our favorite quick meal again. Finding this low carb method of making Buffalo Chicken Tenders was a game changer.
The secret to making Buffalo Chicken Tenders and sticking to a low carb life style is the pork rinds. Although they are great even if not eating low carb or keto.
Prior to starting my low carb journey, I was never a fan of pork rinds. However, I am finding they are great to use as breading on many things. Just throw them in a blender or I personally use my ninja and grind them up. Or you can also crush them with your hands in the bag if you don’t have a blender. My personal favorites are hot and spicy, you start off with a kick to the Buffalo Chicken Tenders before you even add the sauce. I also love the salt and vinegar pork rinds just for a snack when I am craving a salty snack like chips. They are sometimes harder to find though.
This Recipe for Buffalo Chicken Tenders is packed full of flavor. I used a variety of ingredients including , pork rinds garlic powder , red cayenne pepper , onion powder , salt, pepper and some hot sauce. All adding to the tremendous flavor of dish.
Personally I love to use a lot of spices in my recipes because not only do they add a lot of flavor , they also add health benefits. Garlic powder is known to help lower blood pressure , lower cholesterol and is an anti-inflammatory. Also Helps boost your immune system. Onion powder is known to benefit heart health and is loaded with antioxidants.
So lets get started making these delicious Buffalo Chicken Tenders. You will need boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in to thirds , or buy the pre-cut tenders from the grocers freezer.
Also needed pork rinds , paprika,garlic powder, onion powder ,black pepper,ground cayenne pepper, hot sauce , mayonnaise, eggs , and butter.
Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- 6-8 Boneless Tenders
- 2.5 Cups finely crushed pork rinds I use hot and spicy
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper less if you dont like them HOT
- 3/4 cup hot sauce (divided) I use Franks
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter (I use salted but personal preference)
- Ranch or Blue Cheese optional
- chives optional
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees
- Pat chicken dry using paper towels
- In a small bowl whisk together crushed pork rinds, paprika,garlic powder,salt,onion powder, pepper and cayenne pepper. Transfer half of the dry ingredients to a shallow dish (pie dish works great) . Put other half a side for later.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together 2 tbsp hot sauce , mayonnaise and eggs. One at a time dip the tenders into the egg mixture then dredge chicken in to dry mixture. Flipping chicken over multiple times until completely covered. Transfer breaded chicken to baking pan lined with parchment paper. After first half of dry ingredients have been used transfer remaining dry ingredients. This is done to avoid the dry ingredients getting clumped together after coming in contact with the egg mixture. Continue to breading chicken tenders.
- Bake tenders for 25-30 minutes or until internal temp of 165°
- well chicken is baking - In a medium sauce pan over medium heat stir butter into hot sauce until melted and hot. ( or use your favorite bottled buffalo sauce ) I love sweet baby rays. Toss tenders in sauce until fully coated. Serve with ranch, blue cheese and chives on the side. Celery is also always a good option.